Tongue Recognition and Detection
In today’s era, most of the data are converted into digital form and stored on cloud, and security of data is the main concern as more effort is put forth by researchers to increase security. High security will be provided by high authenticity of a person, only endorsed person. To achieve high authenticity, authentication of an individual can be performed using biometrics which uses the unique organ of a person like iris, fingerprint, DNA, speech recognition, tongue. Biometric of an individual itself justifies the presence of authenticated person. In authentication of a person, tongue can also be used because it is a unique organ of a person, which provides unique identity to a person. In this type of authentication, system accuracy is the main concern. In this paper, we will discuss about the different techniques, which are implemented for the authentication of somebody using tongue images.
KeywordsSIFT Tongue recognition ROI of image Gabor filter
- 1.Zhi, L., Yan, J., Zhou, T., Tang, Q.: Tongue Shape Detection Based on B-Spline ICMLC 2006, August 2006, vol. 6, pp. 3829–3832 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Naaz, R., Kundra, S., Garg, P., Sharma, A.: Tongue biometric and its application in public use system. In: 2011 3rd International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing (ICMLC 2011) (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Garibotto, G.; ElsagDatamat Spa: Video surveillance and biometric technology applications. In: Proceedings of Sixth IEEE International Conference Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, p. 288 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, Z., Yan, J.-Q., Zhang, D., Tang, Q.-L.: A tongue-print image database for recognition. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Hong Kong, August 2007, pp. 19–22 (2007) Google Scholar
- 7.Lahmiri, S.: Recognition of tongueprint textures for personal authentication: a wavelet approach. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 3(3) Aug (2012)Google Scholar