Reducing Time Delay Problem in Asynchronous Learning Mode Using Metadata
Asynchronous learning mode is a popular E-learning mode. It provides flexibility in terms of geographical location and time for learning. At present there are issues related to implementation of asynchronous E-learning techniques. A number of issues or problems are identified in this article, and their related solutions are proposed. This proposed solution is being promoted to enhance learner’s interest, motivation and intern performance of the learner. A good system always has less human intervention, and the problems should be robust in nature. In this proposed research work, we have identified problems regarding time delay, for the learning material delivered such as videos. A new framework has been proposed to alleviate this problem with the help of metadata and instructional objective (IO). The objective of this work is to support proper learning application. The paper proposed a technique that shows how this problem may be resolved. Progress of performance has been shown in the result.
KeywordsE-learning Asynchronous learning mode Instructional objective (IO) Metadata
The authors acknowledge the support provided by the members of faculty and staff of Department of Computer Science & Engineering, NITTTR, Kolkata, for successful conduction of research activities.
- 1.Chuanwei, Q., Yanfei, R.: Design and research of distance education platform based on virtual reality. In: Intelligent Transportation, Big Data and Smart City, pp. 290–293. IEEE, Halong Bay Vietnam (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Badrinath, V., Balasubramanian, S.: Learners’ preferences and influencing parameters in e-learning. In: Management Issues in Emerging Economies, IEEE. Thanjavur Tamilnadu India, pp. 74–78 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Abdelali, S.: Education data mining: mining MOOCs videos using metadata based approach. In: Information Science and Technology, IEEE, pp. 531–534. Tangier Morocco (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Wei, X., Shen, W, Jiang, S.: A novel algorithm for video retrieval using video metadata information. In: Education Technology and Computer Science, IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 1059–1062. Wuhan Hubei China (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Agarwal, N., Gupta, R., Singh K.S.: Metadata based multi-labelling of YouTube videos. Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering, IEEE, pp. 697–711. Noida, India (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Das, S., Chatterjee, R.: A proposed systematic user-interface design framework for synchronous and asynchronous e-learning systems, Springer India. In: Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 340, pp. 337–347. New Delhi India (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Podder, A., Bhadra, T., Chatterjee, R.: User-interface design framework for e-Learning through mobile devices, Springer India. In: Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 434, pp. 227–236. New Delhi (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Wikipedia, “Instructional theory”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructional_theory. Accessed 11 Jan 2017
- 9.Bhargav, H.S., Akalwadi, G., Pujari, N.V.: Application of blooms taxonomy in day-to-day examinations. Adv. Comput. IEEE, 825–829 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, Y., Huang, T., Zhao, J.: Study and application of metadata management based on XML. In: Genetic and Evolutionary Computing, IEEE, pp. 252–255. Guilin, China (2009)Google Scholar