A Priority-Based Fast Forward Scheduling Function in 6TiSCH Networks
The technology of Internet of Things is gradually maturing. IoT has applied in many fields and extended to industrial networks. Thus, the IETF has proposed 6TiSCH (IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e) to establish the link between Internet and IWSNs (Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks). The main purpose of this research is to enhance the performance of Multi-hop 6TiSCH network by using the proposed Priority-based Fast Forward Scheduling Function (PFFSF). According to the simulation results, the proposed PFFSF has lower end-to-end transmission delay and higher throughput then the original 6TiSCH SF0 mechanism.
Keywords6TiSCH SF0 6top IEEE 802.15.4e
This research was supported by research grants from Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan 105-2221-E-142-002-MY2.
- 1.Thubert P (2016) An architecture for IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4, draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-10(work in progress)Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE standard for information technology, IEEE std. 802.15.4e, Part. 15.4: low-rate wireless personal area networks (LR-WPANs) Amendment 1: MAC sublayer. April 2012Google Scholar
- 3.Wang Q, Ed X (2015) Vilajosana. 6TiSCH operation sublayer (6top) interfaceGoogle Scholar
- 4.Dujovne D, Grieco L, Palattella M, Accettura N (2015) 6TiSCH 6top scheduling function zero (SF0), draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0-02 (work in progress)Google Scholar
- 5.OpenWSN. https://openwsn.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OW/pages/29884474/Home. Last Accessed 26 Feb 2018
- 6.Kushalnagar N et al (2007) IPv6 over low-power wireless personal area networks (6LoWPANs): overview, assumptions, problem statement, and goals. IETF RFC 4919Google Scholar
- 7.Vasseur J (2010) Terminology in low power and lossy networks, draft-ietf-roll-terminology-04 (work in progress)Google Scholar
- 8.Vasseur J, Le Roux J (2009) Path computation element (PCE) Communication protocol (PCEP), RFC 5440, IETFGoogle Scholar
- 9.Palattella MR (ed0 On-the-fly bandwidth reservation for 6TiSCH wireless industrial networks. IEEE Sensors JGoogle Scholar
- 10.Dujovne D (ed) 6TiSCH on-the-fly scheduling, IETF Std. draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06Google Scholar
- 11.Chang T (ed) (2016) LLSF: low latency scheduling function for 6TiSCH networks. In: international conference on distributed computing in sensor systems, May 2016Google Scholar
- 12.Wang Q, Vilajosana X (2016) 6top Protocol (6P), draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-03, October 2016Google Scholar