Design and Implementation of a Self-powered Sensor Network Node
For the applications of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) randomly deployed in the complicated environment, the most important challenge is to design sensor networks that require long system lifetime and some metrics for the Quality of Service (QoS). Therefore, in this paper, we proposed the self-powered WSN node system based on MC9S12XS128 and LTC6803-4, designed the hardware circuits like charging and discharging of lithium ion battery pack, temperature measure, voltage acquisition and equilibrium control, compiled the corresponding underlying software, compared the accuracy of the sampling values and measured values of battery voltage, charging and discharging current, battery temperature, and tested the effects of equilibrium control. The test results showed that the designed photovoltaic charging management system was safe and reliable, which could provide stable energy sources for WSN node in future.
KeywordsMC9S12XS128 Lithium ion battery pack LTC6803-4 Equilibrium control
We thank the reviewers for their thoughtful comments and suggestions. This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 31671589, 31771679, 31671589, 31371533), the Special Fund for Key Program of Science and Technology of Anhui Province, China (Grant No. 15czz03131, 16030701092); Project supported by the Natural Science Foundation of the Anhui Higher Education Institutions of China (Grant No. kJ2016A836).
- 1.Jun, J., Ma, H., Qiao, Y., Du, Y.L., Kong, W.: Design of farm environmental monitoring system based on the internet of things. Adv. J. Food Sci. Technol. 6(3), 368–373 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao, R.F., Ge, B.M., Bi, D.Q., et al.: Energy management control research for solar electric car. Adv. Technol. Electric. Eng. Energy 5(05), 32–37 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, K.S., Cheng, P.: Research on solar illumination controller based on the MPPT. J. Shaanxi Univ. Sci. Technol. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 1, 160–164 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Xiong, L., He, Y.Z., Song, D.J., et al.: Design on power supply for the transmission line on-line monitoring equipment. High Volt. Eng. 36(9), 2252–2257 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Q., Jiao, J., Kong, W., et al.: The simulation of wireless sensor networks which includes fixed nodes and mobile node based on NS2. J. Hefei Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 25(2), 24–28 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Kong, W., Jiao, J., Wang, Q., et al.: Real-time detection of chlorophyll and nitrogen content in tomato leaves and 3G transmission based on ARM. J. Anhui Agric. Sci. 43(30), 347–350 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Jiao, J., Cao, J., Pan, Z., et al.: Farm environmental online monitoring system based on Internet of Things. Agric. Eng. 06(06), 19–22 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Z.B.: Design of WSN node power supply system with automatic switching function. Sci. Technol. Eng. 14(08), 190–194 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, P.J., Zhang, W.J., Zhang, Q.F., et al.: Nanoelectronic logic circuits with carbon nanotube transistors. Acta Phys. Sin. 2(02), 1054–1060 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Feng, F., Song, K., Lu, R.G., et al.: Equalization control strategy and SOC estimation for LiFePO4 battery pack. Trans. China Electrotechnical Soc. 01(01), 22–29 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Lv, J., Song, W.J., Lin, S.L., et al.: Research on signal acquisition technology of battery management system based on LTC6803-4. Measur. Control Technol. 32(1), 23–27 (2013)Google Scholar