Natural Frequencies of an Euler-Bernoulli Beam with Special Attention to the Higher Modes via Variational Iteration Method
In this chapter, natural frequencies of an Euler-Bernoulli prismatic beam on different supports are analyzed. The variational iteration method (VIM) is employed to compute the said natural frequencies especially for the higher modes of vibration. Some numerical examples are presented with the view to demonstrating excellent agreement between the results obtained using VIM and other methods.
KeywordsCantilever beam Clamped-clamped beam Euler-Bernoulli beam Natural frequency Prismatic beam Variational iteration method
This work was financially supported by Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria under her Center for Research, Innovation and Discovery.
- 6.A.A. Opanuga, O.O. Agboola, H.I. Okagbue, J.G. Oghonyon, Solution of differential equations by three semi-analytical techniques. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 10(18), 39168–39174 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.O.O. Agboola, A.A. Opanuga, J.A. Gbadeyan, Solution of third order ordinary differential equations using differential transform method. Global J. Pure Appl. Math. 11(4), 2511–2516 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.S.O. Edeki, G.O. Akinlabi, M.E. Adeosun, Analytical solutions of the Navier-Stokes model by He’s polynomials, in Proceedings of The World Congress on Engineering 2016. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 29 June–1 July, 2016, London, U.K., pp. 16–19Google Scholar
- 10.O.O. Agboola, J.A. Gbadeyan, A.A. Opanuga, M.C. Agarana, S.A. Bishop, J.G. Oghonyon, Variational iteration method for natural frequencies of a cantilever beam with special attention to the higher modes, in Proceedings of The World Congress on Engineering 2017. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 5–7 July, 2017, London, U.K., pp. 148–151Google Scholar
- 11.A.M. Wazwaz, in A First Course in Integral Equations, 2nd edn. (World Scientific Publishing Co. Plc. Ltd., Singapore, 2015). ISBN 978-9814675116Google Scholar