Global Strategies and Response Measures to the Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic
As an infectious respiratory disease, influenza is prone to cause pandemics for its fast mutation, easy dissemination, susceptibility to humans, and its elusive nature in terms of treatment. Three influenza pandemics occurred in the 20th century which caused huge losses worldwide.
- Anne Schuchat, M. D. (2009a). H1N1 preparedness: An overview of vaccine production and distribution, November 18, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/11/t20091118b.html.
- Anne Schuchat, M. D. (2009b). U.S. global health response to a novel 2009-H1N1, May 6, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/05/t20090506b.html.
- Craig Vanderwagen, W. (2009). HHS’ effort to provide science-based pandemic influenza guidance for the U.S. workforce, June 16, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/06/t20090616b.html.
- Jesse Goodman, M. D. (2009). H1N1 preparedness: An overview of vaccine production and distribution, November 18, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/11/t20091118a.html.
- Liu, G., & Yang, L. (2009) WHO Director-General Margaret Chan says international community cannot afford to take influenza A (H1N1) pandemic lightly. Xinhuanet.com, May 19, 2009. http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2009-05/19/content_11397804_1.htm.
- Sebellus, K. (2009a). Preparing for the 2009–2010 influenza season, September 15, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/09/t20090915a.html.
- Sebellus, K. (2009b). 2009 H1N1 influenza: Monitoring the nation’s response, October 21, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/10/t20091021a.html.
- Weissman, D. N. (2009). Protecting the protectors: An assessment of front-line federal workers in response to the 2009-H1N1 influenza outbreak, May 14, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/05/t20090514a.html.
- WHO. (2009a). Global surveillance during an influenza pandemic. Version1, updated draft April 2009. http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/swineflu/surveillance/en/index.html.
- WHO (2009b). Assessing the severity of an influenza pandemic, May 11, 2009. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/assess/disease_swineflu_assess_20090511/en/index.html.
- Willam Corr, J. D. (2009). 2009-H1N1 influenza: HHS preparedness and response efforts, July 29, 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2009/07/t20090729b.html.
- Xiaoming, R. (2009). Characteristics of the India’s public health emergency management system: From a perspective of influenza A (N1H1) preparedness and response. Global Science, Technology and Economy Outlook, Issue 7.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Z. (2009) Influenza A pandemic moves into a new phase, WHO changes way of epidemic reporting. Xinhuanet.com, July 17, 2009. http://news.xinhuanet.com/newscenter/2009-07/17/content_11723758.htm.