Fluid mechanics is a discipline which focuses on the fluid equilibrium and its movement. It has great significance on our daily lives. In this chapter, we will first introduce the developing trends and research methods of fluid mechanics. Then we will give definitions of continuum model for fluids. Finally, we will discuss major properties of fluid, such as specific weight, viscosity, compressibility and so on.
KeywordsSpecific weight Viscosity Compressibility Expansibility Surface tension
- 1.White, F.M.: Fluid mechanics, 7th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Fox, R.W., McDonald, A.T., Pritchard, P.J.: Introduction to fluid mechanics, 8th edn, vol. 5. Wiley, Hoboken. New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Panton, R.L.: Incompressible flow, 3rd edn. Wiley, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Xie, Z.: Engineering fluid mechanics, 4th edn. Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, H.: Engineering fluid mechanics and environmental application. Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Eric, F.R.: Rheology-theory and practice, vol. 3. Academic Press, New York (1960)Google Scholar