The Influence of Al Content on the Thermoelectric Property of Al-Doped ZnO Thin Films
Direct current magnetron reactive sputtering was used to deposit Al-doped ZnO (AZO) thin films on BK7 glass substrates by using Zn–Al alloy target at room-temperature. Al contents of Zn–Al alloy target were changed and all AZO thin films were annealed at 773 K for 1 h. It can be found that all the AZO thin films were n-type semiconductor material, and have preferred orientation with the c-axis normal. The thermoelectric properties results show that the Seebeck coefficient of the AZO thin films with Al content of 4 wt% has higher Seebeck value of 64 μV/K in comparison with others. The electric conductivity and power factor of AZO thin films with Al content of 2 wt% have maximum values of that 5.30 × 104 S/m and 0.74 × 10−4 W/mK2, respectively.
KeywordsAZO thin film Oxygen argon ratio Thermoelectric properties Zn–Al alloy target
This work is supported by Basical Research Program of Shenzhen (JCYJ20160307113206388), National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11604212 and 61404086).
- 1.P. Fan, Z.H. Zheng, Y.Z. Li, Q.Y. Lin, J.T. Luo, G.X. Liang, X.M. Cai, D.P. Zhang, F. Ye, Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 073901 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.D.K. Seo, S. Shin, H.H. Cho, B.H. Kong, D.M. Whang, H.K. Cho, Acta Mater. 59, 6743–6750 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Z.H. Zheng, P. Fan, J.T. Luo, X.M. Cai, G.X. Liang, D.P. Zhang, F. Ye, Thin Solid Films 562, 181–184 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Tian, L.H. Cheng, J.J. Xing, L.Y. Zheng, Z.Y. Man, D.L. Hu, S. Bernik, J.T. Zeng, J. Yang, Y. Liu, G.Y. Li, Mater. Des. 132, 479–485 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.L. Li, L. Fang, X.M. Chen, J. Liu, F.F. Yang, Q.J. Li, G.B. Liu, S.J. Feng, Physica E 41, 169–174 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.C.L. Cramera, G.J. Jesus, P.S. Colasuonno, T.B. Holland, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 37, 4693–4700 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Moustaghfir, E. Tomasella, A. Rivaton, B. Mailhot, M. Jacquet, J.L. Gardette, J. Cellier, Surf. Coat. Technol. 180–181, 642–645 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.P. Fan, Y.Z. Li, Z.H. Zheng, Q.Y. Lin, J.T. Luo, G.X. Liang, M.Q. Zhang, M.C. Chen, Appl. Surf. Sci. 284, 145–149 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.N.H. Sheeba, S.C. Vattappalam, G.S Okram, V. Sharma, P.V. Sreenivasan, S. Mathew, R. ReenaPhilip, Mater. Res. Bull. 93, 130–137 (2017)Google Scholar