Corrosion Inhibition Performance of Special Brass Alloy with Different Heat Treatment
In the process of oil and gas extraction and production, a large amount of corrosive ion water containing H2S\CO2\Cl is often produced in oil and gas wells, causing serious corrosion to the oil casing. The release of electrons by the activity of metals, improve the nature of the produced water, electrochemical corrosion protection is one of the effective anti-corrosion methods, research on new anticorrosive alloy material to prevent oil casing corrosion, has important theoretical and practical significance. Electrochemical tests and Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) used in this article to were studied the properties and morphology of the samples. The polarization curves and impedance spectra of N80 steel under different experimental conditions were tested. The microstructure after corrosion and the effect of new special brass alloy on the corrosion of N80 steel in oil and gas field production were studied. And the difference of corrosion inhibition effect of special brass in different heat treatment state was investigated. The result shows that the new special brass alloy can improve the corrosion potential of N80 steel in oil and gas field production water, reduce the corrosion current density and the phenomenon of surface pitting. It can be found that special brass alloy can effectively mitigate the corrosion of N80 steel. In addition, the solid solution alloy is more beneficial to retard the corrosion of N80 steel.
KeywordsSpecial brass Solution treatment Oilfield produced water N80 steel Polarization curve Impedance spectroscopy
This work was financially supported by Innovative Entrepreneurship Training for Southwest Petroleum University, (No. 201610615086).
- 5.W. Ma, H. Sun, D. Kang et al., Introduction to steel skeleton plastic clad pipe. Oil-Gasfield Surf. Eng. 21(1), 35–35 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Zhang, Y. Ling, H. Zhang, Corrosion prevention strategy for oil refining device. (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.N. Lin, J. Zou, H. Zhou, Reaserch status of CO2 corrosion on N80 oil casing tube steel. Mater. China 28(2), 14–18 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Z. Li, Y. Cheng, H. Bi, Dong Youzhi, Research progress of CO2/H2S corrosion and inhibitor techniques in oil and gas fields. CIESC J. 65(2), 406–414 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.S. Zhu, H. Liu, Z. Bai, Dynamic corrosion behavior of P110 steel in stimulated oil field CO2/H2S environment. Chem. Eng. Oil Gas 38(1), 65–68 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Q. Yuan, Q. Liu, Y. Bi, Z. Niu, Y. Wang, He Zhiyong et al., CO2 corrosion mechanism and corrosion method in oil and gas field development. Nat. Gas Oil 33(2), 78–81 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.D. Shi, J. Zhang, F. Kuang, X. Cao, Zheng Chu, The current research status of temperature under high pressure CO2 corrosion. Chem. Eng. Equip. 11, 129–131 (2010)Google Scholar