As-Cast Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of a New Superalloy
In this paper, we have investigated the as-cast microstructure, mechanical properties and alloying elements of Ni-11.5Cr-3.0Mo-2.0Al-1.0Nb-0.4Ti-0.05C alloy. The results indicated that the microstructure of the alloy are mainly composed by γ phase, γ′ phase and carbides. With increasing temperature to 760 °C, the strength and plasticity of the alloy decreased obviously. In addition, as the contents of alloying elements in the alloy like Al, Mo, Nb and Ti are increased, the microstructure of the alloy don’t change obviously, but a increase of tensile strength is obtained at room temperature and the plasticity decreased about 0.5%.
KeywordsAs-cast microstructure Mechanical properties
- 1.H. He. Hot Isostatic Pressing Treatment of Cast Ni-base superalloy[J]. Acta Metallurgica sinica, 38(11) (2002) 1199–1202.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Jun. American nickel base superalloy[M]. Science Press, (1978) 71–87.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Xiao Ling, et al. China Aviation Materials Handbook[M]. Beijing: Standards Press of China, (2002) 612–622.Google Scholar
- 4.BHAMBRI A K, KATTAMIS T Z, et al. Cast Microstructure of Inconel 713C and its Dependence on Solidification Variables[J]. METALLURGICAL TRANSACTIONS B, 6 (1975) 523–537.Google Scholar
- 5.Binczyk F, Śleziona J. Phase Transformations and Microstructure of IN-713C Nickel Superalloy[J]. ARCHIVES of FOUNDRY ENGINEERING, 9 (2009) 109–112.Google Scholar