W–Cu Tube Processing and Structure Property by Powder Extrusion Molding
In this paper, W–30%Cu tube with 0.8 mm inner diameter, 8 mm external diameter and more than 200 mm on length was shaped using powder extrusion molding and infiltration sintering process. The results showed that the parameters such as powder loading, hot degreasing temperature and sintering temperature and time affected the formability and structure property of W–Cu tube. High properties of W–30%Cu tube with a relative density of 99.6% and an electric conductivity of 49%IACS were obtained when sintering at 1300 °C for 2 h and the powder loading was up to 60%. The effects of sintering temperature and time on the macro-structure and micro-structure were studied.
KeywordsPowder extrusion molding Degreasing Infiltration W–Cu tube
This work was supported by Guangzhou Science Technology and Innovation commission (201510010100, 201509010003) and Research Institution of Guangdong Province Innovation field program (2014B070706022, 2016B070701021, 2014B030301012, 2016B070701024).
- 1.Herrmann A, Greuner H, Balden M, Bolt H. Design and evaluation of an optimized W/Cu interlayer for W monoblock components. Fusion Eng. Des. 86 (2011) 27–32.Google Scholar
- 2.D. D. Gu, Y.F. Shen, Effects of processing parameters on consolidation and microstructure of W-Cu components by DMLS, J. Alloys Compd. 473 (2009) 107–115.Google Scholar
- 3.Kang HK, Kang SB. Effect of feedstock injection methods on oxidation behavior and microstructure of plasma sprayed W/Cu composites. Surf Coat Technol. 182 (2004) 24–30. Technol. 80 (2016) 153–161.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Q. Zhang, Q. Z. Cai, J. H. Liu, J. He, R. D. Li, Micro structural evolvement and formation of selective laser melting W-Ni-Cu composites powder, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 67 (2013) 2233–2242.Google Scholar
- 5.Kumer, Sliding wear behavior of dedicated iron-based SLS materials, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 43 (2009) 337–347.Google Scholar