Position Error Analysis of IRNSS Data Using Big Data Analytics
The current investigation involves the study and analysis of position error of IRNSS (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System) receiver system data with respect to a fixed position using big data analytics tool namely, Hadoop. IRNSS is an indigenously developed navigation system by India with constellation of seven satellites. IRNSS data pertaining to week number 918 has been used to carry out the statistical analysis in three different modes of operation. Queries/commands were created in Hadoop to process more than 6 million data (week no. 918 data). The processed data and calculated statistical parameters show that IRNSS navigation system is a promising solution for various navigation related applications. The results obtained highlights that the position error is minimum in Hybrid (GPS-L1 + IRNSS-S + IRNSS-L5) mode of operation with better accuracy when compared with individual frequency mode of operation (L5 & S) of IRNSS receiver system.
KeywordsGNSS IRNSS Satellites Position error Hadoop
The authors would like to thank SAC ISRO-Ahmadabad, Sri Sringeri Sharada Peetham-Sringeri and Jyothy Institute of Technology-Bangalore for providing an opportunity to work with IRNSS receiver system.
- 1.Montenbruck, O., Steigenberger, P.: IRNSS orbit determination and broadcast ephemeris assessment. In: ION International Technical Meeting (ITM), Dana Point, CA, pp. 26–28 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Raghu, N., Manjunatha, K.N., Kiran, B.: Determination and preliminary analysis of position accuracy on IRNSS satellites. In: International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, pp. 6–8. IEEE Press, India (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/iccsp.2016.7754248
- 3.Khatri, R.R., Chauhan, S.: Indian regional navigation satellite system. Int. J. Innov. Res. Technol. 2, 380–384 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Indian Space Research Organization. https://www.isro.gov.in/irnss-programme
- 5.Raghu, N., Kiran, B., Manjunatha, K.N.: Tracking of IRNSS, GPS and hybrid satellites by using IRNSS receiver in STK simulation. In: International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, India, pp. 6–8 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/iccsp.2016.7754276
- 6.Guangya, X.W., Zhiqiang, S., Xiaofeng, L., Yang, H.J.: Research on the 3D visualization of information operations based on STK. In: International Conference on Audio Language and Image Processing, pp. 921–925. IEEE Press, China (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/icalip.2010.5685180
- 7.Fan, S., Zhao, L., Xiao, W., Li, Z.: Performance analysis and simulation of iridium navigation satellite based on STK. In: 2nd International Workshop on Earth Observation and Remote Sensing Applications, China, pp. 291–295 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/eorsa.2012.6261185