Responsible Investment and Institutional Investors
- 574 Downloads
As discussed in Chapter 1, traditional Japanese corporations have to greater or lesser degrees become familiar with conceptualizing responsible businesses based on ethical self-discipline or guiding management precepts that are passed down in the business over generations, although these concepts of corporate social responsibility (CSR) are likely narrow
KeywordsDomestic Institutional Investors Traditional Japanese Corporate Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF) Investment Trust Funds Stewardship Code
- Bikhchandani, S. and S. Sharma. 2001. Herding behavior in financial markets. IMF Staff Papers 47 (3): 279–310. Google Scholar
- Davis, E.P., and B. Steil. 2001. Institutional investors. Massachusetts: The MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA). 2014. 2014 Global Sustainable Investment Review. http://www.gsi-alliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/GSIA_Review_download.pdf. reprieved in Jan 2018.
- Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA). 2016. 2016 Global Sustainable Investment Review. (http://www.gsi-alliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/GSIR_Review2016.F.pdf). reprieved in Jan 2018.
- Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF). 2017. GPIF Selected ESG Indices (July 3, 2017). Retrieved in January 2018. http://www.gpif.go.jp/en/topics/pdf/20170703_esg_selection_en.pdf.
- Japan Sustainable Investment Forum (JSIF). 2015. JSIF White Paper on Sustainable Investment in Japan 2015. Retrieved in January 2018. http://japansif.com/2015whitepaper.pdf.
- Kasuga, S. 2014. Relationship between fiduciary responsibility and exercising voting right. Financial Research Center (FSA Institute) Discussion Paper, 2014(3), Financial Services Agency, Government of Japan, retrieved in January 2018 (in Japanese). (http://www.fsa.go.jp/frtc/seika/discussion/2014/03.pdf).
- Research Institute for Policies on Pension & Aging. 2008. Research Report on SRI and PRI (SRI oyobi PRI nikansuru Chosahoukokusho) (in Japanese). http://www.nensoken.or.jp/pastresearch/pdf/sripri_houkokusyo.pdf. Retrieved in Jan 2018.
- Scharfsten, D., and J. Stein. 1990. Herd behaviour and investment. American Economic Review 80 (3): 465–479.Google Scholar
- Social Investment Forum Japan (SIFJ). 2007. Annual report of social investment forum Japan (Nihon SRI Nenpo) (in Japanese). http://japansif.com/2007.pdf. Retrieved in Jan 2018.
- SIFJ. 2009. 2009 Review of socially responsible investment in Japan. http://japansif.com/2009review.pdf. Retrieved in Jan 2018.
- SIFJ. 2011. 2011 Review of socially responsible investment in Japan. http://japansif.com/2011review.pdf. Retrieved in Jan 2018.
- Suto, M., L. Menkhoff, and D. Beckmann. 2005. “Behavioural biases of institutional investors under pressure from customers: Japan and Germany vs the US,” Working Paper Series, WIF-05006, Institute of Finance, Waseda University, Japan.Google Scholar