Service Delivery Mechanism in Health Management By Using Accu Check Smart Reader
International Diabetes Federation (IDF) reveals that in the year 2015 alone, there are 3.3 million children and adults in Malaysia who suffer from chronic diseases, especially diabetes. These individuals have low levels of awareness in preventing and coping with the diseases and this explains the high rates of death in the country. Most of the patients need to frequent the hospital for advice and treatments. The visit is problematic as it is costly, time consuming, and usually need to depend on other people to bring them to the hospital. This innovative project research on Service Delivery Mechanism in Health Management that provides the smart mobile application, Accu-Check Smart Reader, in hopes to help reduce the troubles faced by individuals suffering from diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases besides improving their health-management skills. Through this application, they can do self-management on their diseases by doing the calculation of average reading of blood glucose content, percentage of hemoglobin, heart rate, and blood pressure every week. The patients are exposed to useful information about the diseases, such as the early symptoms, the effects, and prevention.
KeywordsService Delivery Service Delivery Mechanism Health Management Smart Reader
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chan SP, Ji LN, Nitiyanant W, Baik SH, Sheu WH.: Hypoglycemic symptoms in patients with type 2 diabetes in Asia-Pacific-Real-life effectiveness and care patterns of diabetes management: the RECAP-DM study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract.; 89 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Mafauzy M, Zanariah H, Avideh N Siew PC : DiabCare 2013: A cross-sectional study of hospital based diabetes care delivery and prevention of diabetes related complications in Malaysia, 177-185 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Mayo Clinic Homepage, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyperglycemia/symptoms-causes/syc-20373631, last accessed 2017/12/21.
- 4.Richard L. Daft.: Organization Theory & Design. 12th edn. Cengage Learning, USA (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.Aanaxagorasr Software Homepage, http://aanaxagorasr.com/design.php, last accessed 2017/12/21.
- 6.Lokman Hakim S, Deputy Director General of Health (Public Health): Policy on Non-Communicable Diseases, 2-40 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.L Forga, MJ Goni, K Cambra, B Ibanez, D Mozas, M Chueca : Differences by age and gender in the incidence of type 1 diabetes in Navarre, Spain (2009-2011).Google Scholar
- 8.Jennifer L. Kraschnewski, Robert A. Gabbay : Role of Health Information Technologies in the Patient-Centered Medical Home, (2013).Google Scholar