Design and Implementation of IoT-Based Monitoring and Control of a Strategic Telerobot
Strategic design and implementation of IoT-based monitoring and controlling of a telerobot using Raspberry Pi is presented. To control the telerobot a set of commands from cloud computing system (ThingSpeak) is communicated via Wi-Fi system. The cloud computing is a type of internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand. Raspberry Pi owes its advances in integrated with ARM and Wi-Fi with less power consumption. The cloud-based control, which helps the operator at remote to maintain a frequent communication with the telerobot, and execute prognostic control actions. The accurate motion of the telerobot is guaranteed by the instantaneous control that runs perpetually. The telerobotics is tested in-house using the proposed strategic design with a different task, and its performance is verified with the benchmark test.
KeywordsIoT Telerobotics Raspberry Pi ThingSpeak
- 1.Jhansi Rani K, Niranjan Reddy K (2015) IOT based secure system for monitoring and control of coal mine environment of robotics. Int J Recent Adv Eng Technol (IJRAET), ISSN (Online) 3(9):2347–2812Google Scholar
- 2.Antony AJP, Rajpandian S (2014) Web-based control and monitoring of telepresence robot. Int J Innovative Res Sci Eng Technol 3(3) (Mar 2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Myint C, Win NN (2016) Position and velocity control for two-wheel differential drive mobile robot. Int J Sci Eng Technol Res (IJSETR) 5(9) (Sept 2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Malu SK, Majumdar J (2014) Kinematics, localization and control of differential drive mobile robot. Glob J Res Eng: Robot Nano-Tech 14(1) (Version 1.0 Year 2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Aung WP (2007) Analysis on modeling and simulink of DC motor and its driving system used for wheeled mobile robot. In: Proceedings of world academy of science, engineering and technology, vol 26, pp 299–306 (December 2007)Google Scholar