Steganography Using FCS Points Clustering and Kekre’s Transform
Steganography is the process of concealing one form of data within the same or another form of data. A cover medium is used to hide information within itself. Steganography is done using the Fuzzy C Strange Points Clustering Algorithm and the Kekre’s Transform in this paper. Fuzzy C Strange Points Clustering Algorithm is used to provide security and robustness as this algorithm is found to give a better quality of clusters. Kekre’s Transform is performed on the image, and the secret message is hidden in the LSBs of the transform coefficients. These two provide better hiding capacity and successful retrieval of the secret information.
KeywordsSteganography Clustering Fuzzy C Strange Points Clustering Algorithm Kekre Transform LSB technique Transform technique
- 1.Zaidoon Kh. AL-Ani, A.A. Zaidan, B.B. Zaidan, Hamdan. O. Alanazi (2010), “Overview: Main Fundamentals for Steganography” JOURNAL OF COMPUTING, VOLUME 2, ISSUE 3, MARCH 2010, ISSN 2151-9617Google Scholar
- 2.Sangeeta Dhall, Bharat Bhushan and Shailender Gupta (2015), “An In-depth Analysis of Various Steganography Techniques” International Journal of Security and Its Applications Vol. 9, No. 8 (2015), pp. 67–94Google Scholar
- 3.Jasleen Kour, Deepankar Verma, (2014), “Steganography Techniques-A Review Paper” International Journal of Emerging Research in Management and Technology, ISSN:2278-9359 Vol. 3, Issue-5Google Scholar
- 4.Terence Johnson, Santosh Kumar Singh, (2016), “Fuzzy C Strange Points Clustering Algorithm” IEEE International Conference On Information Communication And Embedded System (ICICES 2016) “ICICES 2016”, February 25–26,2016 S A Engg College, Chennai, India. E-ISBN-978-1-5090-2552-7, PoD ISBN: 978-1-5090-2553-4, INSPEC Accession Number: 161596528, https://doi.org/10.1109/icices.2016.751829, ieee, pp. 1–5
- 5.Dr. H. B. Kekre, Archana Athawale and Dipali Sadavarti (2010), “Algorithm to Generate Kekre’s Wavelet Transform from Kekre’s Transform.” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 2(5), 2010, 756–767Google Scholar
- 6.Terence Johnson, Dr. Santosh Kumar Singh, Valerie Menezes, Edrich Rocha, Shriyan Walke, Diksha Prabhu Khorjuvekar, Sana Pathan, (2016), “Improved Steganography using Enhanced K Strange Points Clustering” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research © Research India Publications, ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 11, Number 9 (2016) pp. 6881–6885Google Scholar
- 7.Terence Johnson, Dr. Santosh Kumar Singh (2015), “Enhanced K Strange Points Clustering Algorithm.” Proceedings of the 2nd International Research Conference on Emerging Information Technology and Engineering Solutions. EITES 2015, 978-1-4799-1838-6/15, IEEE Computer Society Washington, DC USA© 2015 IEEE, https://doi.org/10.1109/eites.2015.14, indexed in ACM Digital Library, pp. 32–37
- 8.Terence Johnson, Santosh Kumar Singh (2016), “Quantitative Performance Analysis for the Family of Enhanced Strange Points Clustering Algorithms” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research © Research India Publications, ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 11, Number 9 (2016) pp. 6872–6880Google Scholar
- 9.T Morkel, JHP Eloff and MS Olivier, (2005), “An Overview of Image Steganography”, in Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Information Security South Africa Conference (ISSA2005), Sandton, South Africa, June/July 2005Google Scholar
- 10.H.B. Kekre, Tanuja Sarode, Rachana Dhannawat (2012), “Implementation and Comparison of Different Transform Techniques using Kekre’s Wavelet Transform for Image Fusion.” International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 44–No 10, April 2012Google Scholar
- 11.Terence Johnson, Santosh Kumar Singh et. al (2016), “The redesigned Fuzzy C Strange Points Clustering Algorithm” 2016 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I), Greater Noida, India, 2016, IEEE Xplore, pp. 789–793. https://doi.org/10.1109/ic3i.2016.7918790.