BER Performance Analysis of Image Transmission Using OFDM Technique in Different Channel Conditions Using Various Modulation Techniques
It can be clearly seen in the modern world of digital era that we depend a lot on mobile/smartphones which in return depends on data/information to proof its worthy. To meet this increased demand of data rate, new technology is needed as for old technology like GPRS and EDGE which is beyond their capacity. So orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) takes this place as it increases the data rate in the same bandwidth, as it is also fixed. In this paper, we present a comparison between data handling using different modulations, which in turn can be assumed for bit error rate (BER) and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) curve, of non-OFDM and OFDM channel under different fading environments.
KeywordsData rate BER Fading channels SNR Convolutional coding High-speed Internet OFDM Modulation
- 3.Alok, and Davinder S. Saini. “Performance analysis of coded-OFDM with RS-CC and Turbo codes in various fading environment.” Information Technology and Multimedia (ICIM), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, 2011: pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 4.Arun Agarwal, S.K. Patra “Performance prediction of OFDM based DAB system using Block coding techniques”, presented in proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology (ICETECT-2011), Mar 23rd–24th, 2011 at Nagarcoil, Kanyakumari, India.Google Scholar
- 5.Arun Agarwal, Saurabh N. Mehta, “Combined Effect of Block interleaving and FEC on BER Performance of OFDM based WiMAX (IEEE 802.16d) System”, American Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, © Science and Education Publishing, USA, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp 4–12, March 2015, https://doi.org/10.12691/ajeee-3-1-2.
- 6.Arun Agarwal, Kabita Agarwal, “Performance Prediction of WiMAX (IEEE 802.16d) Using Different Modulation and Coding Profiles in Different Channels”, pp. 2221–2234, Volume 10, Number 2, February 2015 in International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER).Google Scholar
- 7.Arun Agarwal, Saurabh N. Mehta, “Design and Performance Analysis of MIMO-OFDM System Using Different Antenna configurations”, in conference Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (IEEE-ICEEOT-2016), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, 3rd to 5th March 2016, pp 1373–1377.Google Scholar
- 8.Arun Agarwal, Kabita Agarwal, “Design and Simulation of COFDM for high speed wireless communication and Performance analysis”, in IJCA - International Journal of Computer Applications, pp 22–28, Vol-2, Oct-2011., ISBN: 978-93-80865-49-3.Google Scholar
- 9.Nyirongo, Nyembezi, Wasim Q. Malik, and David J. Edwards. “Concatenated RS-convolutional codes for ultrawideband multiband-OFDM.” 2006 IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband. IEEE, 2006: pp. 137–142.Google Scholar
- 10.Haque, Md Dulal, Shaikh Enayet Ullah, and Md Razu Ahmed. “Performance evaluation of a wireless orthogonal frequency division multiplexing system under various concatenated FEC channel-coding schemes.” Computer and Information Technology, 2008. ICCIT 2008. 11th International Conference on. IEEE, 2008; pp. 94–97.Google Scholar