Research on Real-Time Performance of Train Communication Network Based on HaRTES
With the development of rail transportation technology, the integration of train control multimedia information into a network has become the trend of the future. Ethernet can meet this demand because of its high speed, large bandwidth and so on. In this paper, the Hard Real-Time Switching architecture is introduced into the train communication network. The data communication of train communication network depends on many switches, so a multi hop scheduling algorithm based on hard-real-time switch is proposed in this paper to ensure the real-time performance of train communication network data transmission. Finally, according to the actual communication process, this paper built the train communication network topology. The OPNET simulation results show that the proposed scheme can satisfy the real-time requirements of train communication network.
KeywordsHaRTES Train communication network Multi-hop
This work is supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2017JBM058) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2017YJS181).
- 1.Zhou J (2014) Real-time communication techniques of train communication network based on switched ethernet. Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Álvarez I, Almeida L (2016) A first qualitative comparison of the admission control in FTT-SE, HaRTES and AVB. In: IEEE world conference on factory communication systems (WFCS)Google Scholar
- 4.IEC (2014) IEC 61375-3-4 Electronic railway equipment—train communication network (TCN)—Part 3–4: Ethernet Consist Network (ECN)Google Scholar
- 5.Ashjaei M, Behnam M (2012) A compact approach to clustered master-slave ethernet networks. In: IEEE world conference on factory communication systems (WFCS)Google Scholar
- 6.Qian Z (2015) Research on real-time and reliability of train communication network based on ethernet. Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Ashjaei1 M, Silva L (2016) Improved message forwarding for multi-hop HaRTES real-time ethernet networks. J Sig Process Syst Sig Image Video Technol 84(1):47–67Google Scholar
- 8.Wang T, Wang L (2015) Research on real-time performance of train communication network based on the switched ethernet technology. J China Railway Soc 37(4):39–45Google Scholar