The Simulation of the Longitudinal Force of Heavy Haul Trains
To improve the transportation capacity of the train, 10,000 tons level train is getting wide application and further research is required. Considering the significance of the longitudinal force and the synchronous control performance to the safe operation of the train, a simulation model on the longitudinal force of the heavy haul train is set up in this paper and theoretical calculations on longitudinal traction force, braking force, running resistance and coupler buffer force are conducted and then the whole process of the train starting to the train braking is simulated. Finally, the simulation test about the emergency brake of the heavy haul train is made to prove the feasibility of the simulation model.
KeywordsHeavy haul train Longitudinal dynamics Synchronous control Simulation model
This work is supported by National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB1200402 and 2015BAG19B02). The authors are grateful for the reviewer of initial drafts for their helpful comments and suggestions.
- 1.Li W (2012). The study and application on the control of the wireless control of the heavy haul locomotive. ZhongNan University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Cheng L (2016) Study on operation strategies for heavy-haul train based on genetic algorithm. Jiaotong University, Beijing. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Lifen D, Jilong X (2010) Test and simulation study on the longitudinal impact of heavy-haul train. In: Third international conference on information and computingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Jiang Y, Chi M (2015) Dynamic simulation of heavy haul train based on circular-variable modeling and calculation method. In: International conference on mechanics and control engineering (MCE)Google Scholar
- 5.Ma W, Luo S, Song R (2012) Coupler dynamic performance analysis of heavy haul locomotives. Carriage Syst Dyn 50(9):1435–1452. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Geng Z (2009) Heavy load transportation technology on Daqin Railway. China Railway Publishing House, Beijing. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao X, Kang X, Wang C, Ma D (2009) Research and verification on longitudinal dynamics simulation and calculation of Datong-Qinhuangdao line 20,000 tons heavy haul train. In: 9th International heavy haul conference. Shanghai, China, China Railway-Publishing House, pp 775–782Google Scholar