Performance and Thermal Analysis of Five-Phase Linear Induction Motor Optimal Control
Linear motors are featured with direct linear motion, but it has a low torque density due to the presence of edge effects. The torque density of five-phase linear induction motor can be improved by injecting high order harmonics of the magnetic field. The purpose of the paper is to present the optimal control strategy of a five-phase linear induction motor based on a rotor-flux-oriented control scheme, which promoted the performance of linear induction motor. The proposed control scheme is confirmed using finite element modeling and experimental tests. And the temperature distribution of the LIM shows temperature rise of the motor under this strategy is within the specified range.
KeywordsLinear induction motor Finite element method Temperature
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under grant #51307099.
- 1.Gong JL, Gillon F, Brochet P (2010) Magnetic and thermal 3D finite element model of a linear induction motor. In: Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, IEEE pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 2.Gong JL, Gillon F, Brochet P Comparison of optimized control strategies of a high-speed traction machine with five phases and Bi-Harmonic electromotive force. In: IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol 99, pp 1–1Google Scholar
- 3.Bojoi R, Cavagnino A, Tenconi A, Tessarolo A, Vaschetto S (2015) Multiphase electrical machines and drives in the transportation electrification. In: 1st International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry Leveraging a better tomorrow (RTSI), IEEE, Turin, pp 205–212Google Scholar
- 5.Gong JL, Gillon F, Brochet P Proposal of a kriging output space mapping technique for electromagnetic design optimization. Electromagnetic Field Computation IEEE, 2017:1–1Google Scholar
- 6.Huang LY, Huang XZh (2013) Numerical calculation of temperature field for tubular linear motor based on finite element method. Trans China Electrotech Soc 2:132–138Google Scholar
- 7.Ye Y, Lu Q (2011) Research and development of linear motor technology in China during recent decade. The 8th Symposium on Linear Drives for Industry Applications (LDIA2011). Eindhoven, Netherlands, 2011Google Scholar
- 8.Editors of Wikipedia. Radiation [G/OL]. Wikipedia. 2017. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation
- 9.Gong JL, Wang XH (2015) Multi-objective optimal design of a linear induction motor using efficient global optimization. Trans China Electrotech Vol. 30, (24):32–37Google Scholar