Research of Induction Motor Model Considering the Variation of Magnetizing Inductance
Accurate induction motor mathematical model is the cornerstone of the high-performance vector control of motor. Magnetic saturation can easily affect motor parameters, and the relation of magnetic saturation and the motor parameters is important to the establishment of the motor model. This paper derives a mathematical model of induction motor considering the variation of magnetizing inductance, based on the ideal mathematical model and magnetic saturation characteristic of the motor, from no-load test. Then, the motor model proposed and the ideal model in the MATLAB/Simulink Power System Block are respectively applied to the motor control simulation, and the experimental data are compared to verify the feasibility of the model designed.
KeywordsInduction motor mathematical model No-load test Magnetization curve Magnetic saturation Magnetizing inductance
This work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFB1200502-04) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant 2016JBM058 and Grant 2016RC038.
- 1.Han L (2004) Parameter identification of the asynchronous motor. Zhejiang University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Li K (2007) Study of high efficient and fast response electric drive system control strategy for electric vehicles. Shandong University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Moulahoum S, Touhami O, Ibtiouen R, Fadel M (2007) Induction machine modeling with saturation and series iron losses resistance. In: IEEE international electric machines & drives conference, 1067–1072Google Scholar
- 4.Therrien F, Chapariha M, Jatskevich J (2015) Constant-parameter voltage-behind-reactance induction machine model including main flux saturation. IEEE Trans Energy Convers, 90–102Google Scholar
- 5.Chen G, Liu H, Liu Q et al (2016) Model of induction motor considering the variation of magnetizing inductance. Small Spec Electr Mach (06):23–26+34. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Ilina ID (2017) Enhanced mathematical model used to simulate induction machine operation. Experimental validation. In: 10th international symposium on advanced topics in electrical engineering (ATEE) 164–169Google Scholar
- 7.Shah HV (2012) A modular Simulink implementation of induction machine model & performance in different reference frames. In: IEEE-international conference on advances in engineering, science and management (ICAESM -2012). 203–206Google Scholar
- 8.Luo H (2009) Research of full-order observer and speed estimation of induction motor. Huazhong Technology University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Cárdenas FVC, Kuong JL (2016) A methodology to include magnetic saturation in the modeling of the induction machine. IEEE ANDESCON. 1–4Google Scholar