Test and Regression Analysis of Dynamic Shutdown Characteristic of High Power Thyristor
This paper focuses on thyristor in the aspects of its junction temperature, its zero di/dt, its forward current IT and its reverse voltage Vr, and presents in-depth study of internal factors which cause commutation failure of the valve. This paper puts forward the optimal configuration approach to the factors above, reduces various improvement measures to induce thyristor turn off time. A physical test platform of the shutdown characteristics is built. By testing the shutdown characteristics of thyristor, the linear regression analysis method is used to get the fitting formula of the thyristor turn off time.
KeywordsHigh power thyristor Dynamic shutdown characteristic Regression analysis
This work was supported by National Power Grid Corp science and technology project: Study on Ultra High Voltage Bypass Impedance Topology.
- 1.Zheng B, Ricai G (2003) The development of interconnected power grid China. Power Grid Technol 27(2):1–3Google Scholar
- 2.Chao Z (2004) The role of HVDC transmission in the development of China’s power grid. High Voltage Technol 30(11):11–12Google Scholar
- 3.Shang C (2006) Application and application of UHV transmission technology in China southern power grid. High Voltage Technol 32(1):35–37Google Scholar
- 4.Fang X, Zhong S, Chen Z et al (2006) Study on access system of Zhuzhou converter station in Zhuzhou ±800 kV HVDC project. China Electr Power 39(3):50–54Google Scholar
- 5.Yinbiao S (2005) Development and implementation of UHV transmission in China. China Electr Power 38(11):1–8Google Scholar
- 6.Wang M (2003) Application of modern new technology in HVDC. Int Electr 7(2):32–34Google Scholar
- 7.Liu H, Xu Z (2002) Review of reliability of world long - distance high - capacity HVDC project. High Voltage Apparatus 38(3):26–28Google Scholar
- 8.Wang W (2004) HVDC engineering technology. China Electric Power Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 9.Yang X, Chen H, Jin X (2006) Research on dynamic recovery characteristics of HVDC transmission system. High Voltage Technol 32(9):11–14Google Scholar
- 10.Ren Z, Chen Y, Zhensheng L et al (2004) Probabilistic analysis of commutation failure of HVDC transmission system. Autom Electr Power Syst 28(24):19–22Google Scholar
- 11.Zheng C, Huang L, Lin G et al (2011) RTO simulation of ±800 kV UHVDC commutation failure and its subsequent control and protection characteristics. Power System Technol 35(4):14–20Google Scholar