Research on Optimization Strategy of Forced Convection Heat Dissipation for Super Capacitor Energy Storage Power Supply
The service life of the super capacitor is very sensitive to the temperature. In order to obtain the optimization strategy of forced convection heat dissipation for super capacitor energy storage power, the main factors affecting the efficiency of forced convection heat dissipation are analysed based on the heat transfer theory, and the main direction of heat dissipation optimization are determined. The numerical heat transfer calculation model is established by the method of computational fluid dynamics. The internal flow field and temperature field distribution characteristics of super capacitor power supply are analysed. And the influence of cold air volume flow rate, air outlet layout and super capacitor heat dissipation structure on the heat dissipation effect is calculated and compared. The results show that the super capacitor heat dissipation structure and air outlet layout are most obvious to the improvement of heat dissipation. The maximum temperature of super capacitor is reduced to 32.62 °C from 68.69 °C through optimization in the same ventilation air volume flow rate and temperature. The improvement effect is very obvious.
KeywordsSuper capacitor Forced convection Heat dissipation Computational fluid dynamics
- 1.Chen H, Xia H, Yang Z, Li X (2015) Study of output impedance optimization for stationary super-capacity energy storage applied in urban rail power supply system. Society of Instrument & Control Engineers of Japan, pp 900–905Google Scholar
- 2.Shiming Y, Wenquan T (2006) Heat transfer, 4th edn. Higher Education Press, Beijing, pp 3–12. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Jungeng T (2007) Engineering thermodynamics, 4th edn. Higher Education Press, Beijing, pp 142–145. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Zohuri B, Fathi N (2015) Forced convection heat transfer. Springer International PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 7.Nagendra HR (2015) Transient forced convection heat transfer from an isothermal flat plate. AIAA J 11(6):876–878Google Scholar