Learning to Solve Sudoku Problems with Computer Vision Aided Approaches
Sudoku puzzle is one of the most interesting logic based games with various levels which give our brains a good workout and make them active. However, it is difficult at a number of stages and easy to despondent players, especially for new players or people not enough confidence or endurance. The aim of this study is to develop a support tool for Soduku players, i.e. encouraging players to solve the hard Soduku puzzles or when seeking for help. It gives necessary steps as hints in order to solve the puzzles or check the correctness of their steps or even to solve the game completely. The input data, i.e. the Sudoku puzzle, come from the camera or even from the image/text files. Auto-detecting and recognising digits and the propagation constraint algorithms to generate the Sudoku hints or solutions are utilised. Methods and the tool itself are heavily tested to guarantee a stable and excellent program.
KeywordsComputer vision Sudoku Propagation constraint
- 4.Simonis, H.: Sudoku as a Constraint Problem, 11th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Rafael, C.G.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Pearson (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Kamal, S., et al.: Detection of Sudoku puzzle using image processing and solving by Backtracking, simulated annealing and genetic algorithms: a comparative analysis. In: Proceedings of the 2015 Third ICIIP, pp. 179–184. IEEE Computer Society (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Wicht, B., Henneberty, J.: Mixed handwritten and printed digit recognition. In: Sudoku with Convolutional Deep Belief Network, 13th ICDAR (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Knuth, D.: Dancing links, Millennial perspectives in computer science, 187–214 (2000)Google Scholar