FIR Lattice Structures with Single-Multiplier Sections
An alternative derivation is given for the linear prediction FIR lattice structures with single-multiplier sections. As compared to the previous approaches, this method is believed to be conceptually simpler and more straightforward.
KeywordsFIR lattice Single-multiplier realization
The author thanks R. Vishwanath for helpful discussions.
- 1.F. Itakura, S. Saito, Digital Filtering Techniques for Speech Analysis and Synthesis, in Proc 7th lnt Cong Acoust, (Budapest, Hungary, 1971) pp. 261–264Google Scholar
- 2.S.C. Dutta Roy, R. Vishwanath, Derivation of the FIR lattice. IETE J. Educ. 45, 211–212 (October–December 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.S.C. Dutta Roy, R. Vishwanath, Another FIR lattice structure, Int. J. Circ. Theor. Appl. 33, 347–351, (July–August 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.S.K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing: A Computer Based Approach (McGrawHill, New York, 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.A.H. Gray, J.D. Markel, Digital lattice and ladder filter synthesis. IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoust. AU-21, 491–500 (December 1973)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Makhoul, A class of all-zero lattice digital filters: properties and applications. IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Sig. Process. ASSP-26, 304–314, (August 1978)Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Doganata, P.P. Vaidyanathan, On one-multiplier implementations of FIR lattice structures. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. CAS-34, 1608–1609 (December 1987)Google Scholar
- 8.H. Krishna, An eigen-decomposition approach to one-multiplier realizations of FIR lattice structures. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. CAS-36, 145–146, (January 1989)Google Scholar