Manufacturing Process Selection
Another important aspect in NFC product development is manufacturing or processing stage, apart from the product design and materials selection. Similarly to materials selection stage, the manufacturing of NFC product is crucial to obtain successful transformation of the NFC raw materials into the intended final product shape and achieving the final product quality in term of functionality and appearance.
- Despeisse, M., Baumers, M., Brown, P., Charnley, F., Ford, S. J., Garmulewicz, A., S. K. et al. (2017). Unlocking value for a circular economy through 3D printing: A research agenda. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 115(0), 75–84.Google Scholar
- Fairuz, A. M., Sapuan, S. M., Zainudin, E. S., & Jaafar, C. N. A. (2015). Pultrusion process of natural fibre-reinforced polymer composites. In S. M. Sapuan, M. Jawaid, Y. Nukman, & M. E. Hoque (Eds.), Manufacturing of natural fibre reinforced polymer composites (pp. 217–231). Switzerland: Springer.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fong, T. C., Saba, N., Liew, C. K., De Silva, R., Hoque, M. E., & Goh, K. L. (2015). Yarn flax fibres for polymer-coated sutures and hand layup polymer composite laminates. In M. S. Salit, M. Jawaid, N. B. Yusoff & M. E. Hoque (Ed.), Manufacturing of natural fibre reinforced polymer composites (pp. 155–175). Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.Google Scholar
- Hambali, A., Sapuan, S. M., Ismail, N., & Nukman, Y. (2009). Composite manufacturing process selection using analytical hierarchy process. International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, 4(1), 49–61.Google Scholar
- Mančev, M. (2013). Service quality management in the libraries at the University of Niš Faculties using the VIKOR method. Infotheca, 14(1), 15–25. Retrieved from http://infoteka.bg.ac.rs/index.php/en/archives/2013/1/infoteka-14-1-2014-17-28.
- Mastura, M. T., Sapuan, S. M., Mansor, M. R., & Nuraini, A. A. (2017b). Manufacturing process selection for natural fibre composites in a concurrent engineering environment. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, (under review).Google Scholar
- Pickering, K. L., Aruan Efendy, M. G., & Le, T. M. (2016). A review of recent developments in natural fibre composites and their mechanical performance. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 83(0), 98–112. http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2015.08.038.