Basic Information of MOOCs in China
This chapter tries to probe into the basic situation of MOOCs from four aspects including introduction, construction, application, and management of the courses so as to reflect the current development of the courses on MOOC platforms. Development status of courses on the fourteen mainstream MOOC platforms is analyzed to dig out the basic characteristics of the organization of MOOCs and make predictions about the future of MOOCs.
- Chen, L., Lin, S., & Zheng, Q. (2016). Opportunities and challenges faced by chinese distance education in the era of “Internet+”. Modern Distance Education Research, 1, 3–10.Google Scholar
- di Gao, A. (2014). Coolheaded response to hot MOOCs: Reflections on the six problems of MOOCs. Journal of Distance Education, 2, 39–47.Google Scholar
- Li, L. (2014). Specialized certification launched, a critical step of MOOC. Beijing Business Today. January 27, 2014 (D03).Google Scholar
- Xu, M. (2014). Role of community teaching assistants in MOOCs. China Education Network, 11, 66.Google Scholar
- Yuan, H., & Peng, H. (2006). Elements and classification of course organization. Journal of Wuhan Institute of Educational Science, 12, 22–26 + 30.Google Scholar
- Zheng, Q., Li, Q., & Chen, Li. (2015). Investigation of teaching modes of Chinese MOOCs. Open Education Research, 6, 71–79.Google Scholar