Data Platform for the Research and Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease
- 1.4k Downloads
With the rapid increase in global aging, Alzheimer’s disease has become a major burden in both social and economic costs. Substantial resources have been devoted to researching this disease, and rich multimodal data resources have been generated. In this chapter, we discuss an ongoing effort to build a data platform to harness these data to help research and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. We will detail this data platform in terms of its architecture, its data integration strategy, and its data services. Then, we will consider how to leverage this data platform to accelerate risk factor identification and pathogenesis study with its data analytics capability. This chapter will provide a concrete pathway for developing a data platform for studying and preventing insidious onset chronic diseases in this data era.
KeywordsData platform Alzheimer’s disease Implementation
This study was supported partially by Anhui Provincial Key Technologies R&D Program under Grant No. 1704e1002221, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant No. 71661167004 and the Programme of Introducing Talents of Discipline to Universities (“111 Program”) under Grant No. B14025.
- 2.Prince M, Wimo A, Guerchet M, Ali GC, Wu YT, Prina M. (2015) The global impact of dementia: an analysis of prevalence, incidence, cost and trends. World Alzheimer ReportGoogle Scholar
- 7.Shimmer, Wireless Sensing Solutions for werable applications, online at: http://shimmer-research.com/
- 13.Hodes RJ, Buckholtz N (2016) Accelerating medicines partnership: Alzheimer’s disease (AMP-AD) knowledge portal aids Alzheimer’s drug discovery through open data sharing[J]. Expert Opin Ther TargetsGoogle Scholar
- 21.CommonMind Consortium Launched as a Public-Private Effort to Generate and Broadly Share Molecular Data on Neuropsychiatric Disease[J] (2012) Biomedical Market NewsletterGoogle Scholar
- 22.Day K, Mcguire L, Anderson L (2009) The CDC healthy brain initiative: public health and cognitive impairment[J]. Generations 33(1):11–17Google Scholar
- 23.States A (2013) The healthy brain initiative: the public health road map for state and national partnerships, 2013–2018[J]. Aging/physiology/united StatesGoogle Scholar
- 24.Jiang J (2012) Discussion on the information Organization of the Scientific Data Sharing Platform-Take the National Scientific Data Sharing Platform for population and health as an example[J]. J Inf Resour ManagGoogle Scholar
- 25.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2014) Health indicators warehouse[J]. Obesity in children and adolescents aged. 2–19Google Scholar
- 26.Parkinson J (2008) Common neurological disorders: Parkinson’s disease[J]. Br J Healthc Assistants JanuaryGoogle Scholar
- 29.Singh M, Sachdeva S (2014) Cognitive assessment techniques. Int J Inf Technol Knowl Manag 7(2):108–118Google Scholar
- 31.Sindi S, Calov E, Fokkens J et al (2015) The CAIDE dementia risk score app: the development of an evidence-based mobile application to predict the risk of dementia. Alzheimers Dement 1:328–333Google Scholar