Automatic Street Lighting System
The considerable amount of electrical power is consumed in lighting up the streets in India. However, streets remain deserted for most of the time after night fall, and a minimum frequency of vehicles pass through the street in that duration of time. The conventional lighting system on road and highways is not automatic in India. The volume of traffic and passerby is very through the streets in nighttime, and light is on for the whole night. The larger amount of light is wasted on roads meaninglessly. The same issue can be addressed with the use of automatic or flexible-lighting system technology and LED lamps which can be as solution for power saving, fast, reliable, and efficient in operation to control the amount of light utilization in a street and city. In the paper, the prototype hardware for automatic street light system is being proposed, which will use an Arduino Uno microcontroller and estimates the saving of energy in nighttime.
KeywordsStreet lighting systems Flexible-lighting technology Light-emitting diode Power-conserving Automatic street lighting system Arduino Uno microcontroller
- 1.K.Y. Rajput, G. Khatav, M. Pujari, P. Yadav “Intelligent Street Lighting System Using GSM” International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, Vol. 2, 2013, pp 60–69.Google Scholar
- 2.Karthikeyan. M, Saravanan. V, Vijayakumar. S “Cloud Based Automatic Street Light Monitoring System”, International Conference on Green Computing. Communication and Electrical Engineering (ICGCCEE), IEEE Xplorer, 2014, pp 1–5.Google Scholar
- 3.Vipasha and Preeti Abrol, “Design of Traffic Flow based Street Light Control System”, International Journal of Computer Applications Vol. 72, No. 18, 2013, pp 0975–8887.Google Scholar
- 4.Srikanth M, Sudhakar K N, “ZigBee Based Remote Control Automatic Street Light System”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, (IJESC), 2014, pp 639–643.Google Scholar
- 5.Natu, Omkar and Chavan, S. A. “GSM Based Smart Street Light Monitoring and Control System”, International Journal on Computer Science & Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 3, 2013, pp 187–189.Google Scholar