Intelligent AVR Control of a Single Thermal Area Combined with LFC Loop
This paper presents an intelligent control technique for voltage and frequency control of a single area power system. The two loops of AGC, i.e., LFC and AVR, are incorporated in the system to improve the system dynamics. The effect of cross-coupling of LFC loop with the AVR loop has also been taken into consideration. To prove the supremacy of intelligent control techniques, the conventional PID controller responses are compared with Fuzzy logic controller responses. It has been found that that the dynamic response of the system in terms of damping of oscillations, settling time, and peak overshoots is improved.
KeywordsAutomatic generation control AVR LFC
- 1.A. Gupta, A. Chauhan and R. Khanna, “Design of AVR and ALFC for single area power system including damping control,” 2014 Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences (RAECS), Chandigarh, 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.Parveen Dabur, Naresh Kumar Yadav and Vijay Kumar Tayal International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, April, 2011.Google Scholar
- 3.D.P. Kothari, I.J. Nagrath- “Modern power system Analysis”-TATA macgrawhill.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Satyanarayana, R. K. Sharma, Mukta and A. K. Sappa, “Automatic generation control in power plant using PID, PSS and Fuzzy-PID controller,” 2014 International Conference on Smart Electric Grid(ISEG), Guntur, 2014.Google Scholar
- 5.A.M. Hamza, M.S. Saad, H.M. Rashad and A. Bahgat, “Design of LFC and AVR for single area power system with PID controller tuning by BFO and Ziegler methods,” IJCST, vol. 4, issue 5, pp. 12–17, May 2013.Google Scholar