Design and Analysis of PV Analyzer on LabVIEW
The purpose of this work is to present a data logger to analyze and store the performance record of a PV module using LabVIEW, an electronic platform. Above mentioned device has given an accurate result under a long time test environment with a specific power rating of PV module and suitably rated devices. However, it has been also tested for various power ratings of module, and it performed well with slight modification in rating of other devices. The data logger consists of a LabVIEW, DAQ card, temperature sensor, voltage sensor, current sensor, and variable rheostat. This data logger can be used to analyze the performance of a solar module and contribute in research to make it more efficient source of energy. The process to install a data logger has been explained below.
KeywordsLabVIEW DAQ card Data logger PV analyzer Voltage measurement Current measurement Temperature measurement
- 1.Solanki, C.S.: Solar Photovoltaic- Fundamentals, Technologies and Application, 2nd ed., New Delhi, India, PHI Learning, ch. 1, pp. 04–10 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.Batista, V.L.J., Chenlo, F., & Afonso, J.L.: Low-Cost Instrument for Tracing Current-Voltage Characteristics of Photovoltaic Modules. In: International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQ’12) (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.Mohamed, Z., Yousry, A., Abdullah, A. H., Ihab, E. S.: LabVIEW Based Monitoring system applied for PV power Station, in international conference on Automatic control, modelling & simulation, (ACMOS-10) (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.National Instruments, http://www.ni.com.
- 5.Pearsall NM, Hill R. Clean electricity from photovoltaics: Imperial College Press; chapter 15, pp. 1–42. (2001).Google Scholar