An Approach to Inter-vehicle and Vehicle-to-Roadside Communication for Safety Measures
This paper represents how the demand for reduction accidents, traffic congestion, transport time, and environmental impact of road transport can be achieved. Nowadays, researchers are keenly interested in developing a system in which vehicles can communicate to vehicles and to roads installed with sensors. There are mainly two types of communication that occur in vehicles that are inter-vehicle and intra-vehicle communication. Vehicles able to communicate provide a fundamental building block for intelligent transport system (ITS) and can provide various applications which will help in traveling. The primary mode of communication is vehicular communication, that is, inter-vehicle communication. The research focuses on the making of intelligent road and intelligent vehicles. The ability of vehicles to exchange information wirelessly is the backbone of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems. With such a new technology, fully automatic will provide good driving experience with drivers’ comfort and safety. The communication between the vehicles includes information like speed, acceleration, position of vehicle, turn signal status, lane change information, overtaking. [1, 2]. This paper is mainly based on inter-vehicle communication, that is, communication between the vehicles, vehicles to transponders, and vehicle-to-Internet communication. Researchers are trying to implement various ways through which communication may occur between the vehicles. Ways to prevent road accident and traffic congestion are also discussed. The last section of the paper includes vehicle-to-Internet communication in which transmission methods and network model are revised.
- 1.Ana Roxin, “Inter-vehicle communications - research report”, October 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.Adil Mudasir Malla, Ravi Kant Sahu, “Vehicle to Vehicle Communication Protocols in VANETs”, Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2013.Google Scholar
- 3.Andreas Festag, Alban Hessler, Roberto Baldessari, Long Le, Wenhui Zhang, Dirk Westhoff, “Vehicle to vehicle and roadside sensor communication for enhanced road safety”.Google Scholar
- 4.Yang Fangchun, Wang Shangguang, Li Jinglin, Liu Zhihan, Sun Oibo, “An Overview of Internet of Vehicles”.Google Scholar
- 5.Theirry Ernst, Vilmos Nebehaj, Runar Sorasen, “CVIS: Calm Proof of Concept Preliminary Results”.Google Scholar
- 6.Shereen A.M. Ahmed, Sharifah H.S. Ariffin, Norsheila Fisal, “Overview of WAVE Protocols and Standards”.Google Scholar