A Multiband Circular Patch Microstrip Antenna for K and Ka Applications
A multiband circular patch microstrip antenna to be used for K and Ka band applications is presented in this manuscript. The designed antenna is composed of circular patch with two inverted U-shaped slots. The antenna presented is designed to function at multiple bands, i.e., 19.14, 23.31, 30.02, 34.91, and 39.05 GHz which improve performance parameters of circular radiating patch antenna like return loss (less than −10 dB), bandwidth, gain, VSWR, and radiation pattern. This patch antenna is useful for satellite and radar communication.
KeywordsCircular patch microstrip antenna Broadband FR4 substrate K and Ka bands
- 1.C.A. Balanis, Antenna Theory, 2nd Ed., John wily & sons, Inc., NewYork.1982.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sekhar, S Nagakishore Bhavanam, P. Siddaiah, “Triple frequency circular patch antenna”, IEEE ICCIC, 2014Google Scholar
- 3.Manik Bhowmik, Brij Bhushan Chowdhury, Ratul De, “Circular patch antenna with modified Swastika shaped slot for multiband applications”, IEEE International conference on SPIN, 2016. Google Scholar
- 4.A. Azman, M. Z. A. Abd Aziz, M. K. Suaidi, A. Salleh, H. Nornikman, F. Malek, “CPW-FED Compact Monopole Antenna for Dual-Band WLAN/WiMAX Applications”, IEEE International Conference on I4CT (Computer, Communications, and Control Technology), 2015.Google Scholar
- 5.María Elena de Cos, Mohamad Mantash, Anne-Claude Tarot, Fernando Las-Heras, “Dual-band coplanar waveguide-fed smiling monopole antenna for WiFi and 4G long-term evolution applications”, IET Microw. Antennas Propag., 2013, Vol. 7, Iss. 9, pp. 777–782.Google Scholar