Shark Smell Optimization (SSO) Algorithm
In this chapter, the shark smell optimization (SSO) algorithm is presented, which is inspired by the shark’s ability to hunt based on its strong smell sense. In Sect. 10.1, an overview of the implementations of SSO is presented. The underlying idea of the algorithm is discussed in Sect. 10.2. The mathematical formulation and a pseudo-code are presented in Sects. 10.3 and 10.4, respectively. Section 10.5 is devoted to conclusion.
- Abedinia, O., & Amjadi, N. (2015). Short-Term wind power prediction based on hybrid neural network and chaotic shark smell optimization. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology, 2(3), 245–254.Google Scholar
- Costa, D. P., & Sinervo, B. (2004). Field physiology: physiological insights from animals in nature. Annual Review of Physiology, 66, 209–238.Google Scholar
- Ehteram, M., Karimi, H., Musavi, S. F., & EL-Shafie, A. (2017). Optimizing dam and reservoirs operation based model utilizing shark algorithm approach. Knowledge-Based Systems (In Press). doi: 10.1016/j.knosys.2017.01.026
- Gnanasekaran, N., Chandramohan, S., Sathish Kumar, P., & Mohamed Imran, A. (2016). Optimal placement of capacitors in radial distribution system using shark smell optimization algorithm. Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 7, 907–916.Google Scholar
- Magnuson, J. J. (1979). 4 Locomotion by Scombrid fishes: hydromechanics, morphology and behavior. Fish Physiology, 7, 239–313.Google Scholar
- Sfakiotakis, M., Lane, D. M., & Davies, J. B. C. (1999). Review of fish swimming modes for aquatic locomotion. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 24, 237–252.Google Scholar