A Model to Demonstrate the Universality of DNA-NAND Gate
A model is proposed to demonstrate the universality of DNA-NAND gate at molecular level. NAND gate is one of the universal logic gates as any other gates can be obtained from it alone. A theoretical proof of principle simulation is presented in this paper to derive other basic logic gates with the help of DNA-NAND gate. Well established DNA operations are used as tools during the entire simulation.
KeywordsDNA DNA computing NAND gate Universal gate
The authors would like to acknowledge the Tezpur University for providing necessary facilities.
- 2.Ogihara, M., Ray, A.: DNA-based self-propagating algorithm for solving bounded-fan-in Boolean circuits. Genet. Program. 98, 725–730 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Amos, M., Dunne, P.E., Gibbons, A.: DNA simulation of Boolean circuits. In: Proceedings of 3rd Annual Genetic Programming Conference, pp. 679–68 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Erk, K.: Simulating Boolean circuits by finite splicing. In: Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 2, IEEE (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Mulawka, J.J., Piotr, W., Plucienniczak, A.: Another logical molecular NAND gate system. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Microelectronics for Neural, Fuzzy and Bio-Inspired Systems, IEEE, pp. 340 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, W., Shi, X., Zhang, S., Liu, X., Xu, J.: A new DNA computing model for the NAND gate based on induced hairpin formation. Biosystems 77(1), pp. 87–92 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Kadkhoda, M., Pouyan, A.: A DNA-based simulation model for bounded fan-in Boolean circuits. In: Proceedings of the 10th WSEAS International Conference on Computers. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), pp. 1231–1235 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Shapiro, E., Gil, B.: Biotechnology: logic goes in vitro. Nat. Nanotechnol. 84–85 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Gearheart, C.M., Rouchka, E.C., Arazi, B.: DNA-based active logic design and its implications. J. Emerg. Trends Comput. Inform. Sci. (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Boruah, K., Dutta, J.: Development of a DNA computing model for Boolean Circuit. In: 2nd International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronics, Information, Communication and Bio-Informatics (AEEICB), IEEE (2016)Google Scholar