Integrated Model of Renewable Energy Sources Feeding Both AC and DC Load
Hybrid renewable energy system consists of two or more renewable energy sources combined together allowing improved system efficiency and reliability. Integrating this source creates a stand-alone energy source, i.e., both dependent and consistent. In this paper, an attempt has been made to integrate the power generated by renewable energy sources using programmable logic controller (PLC). Here PLC decides which source is to be connected for the given load according to the designed ladder logic program that was developed in PLC using Rx logic software. Finally, a prototype model of integrated renewable sources has been successfully implemented using PLC kit which can feed AC as well as DC load.
KeywordsHybrid renewable energy Programmable logic controller Rx logic Single phase inverter Relay
- 1.Perera, K.S., Aung, Z., Woon, W.L.: Machine learning techniques for supporting renewable energy generation and integration: a survey. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 8817, pp. 81–95 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Jaganmohan Reddy, Y., Pavan Kumar, Y.V., Padma Raju, K., Ramsesh, A.: PLC based energy management and control design for an alternative energy power system with improved power quality. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 3, 186–193 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Mamman, J., Pam, G.Y., Bala, E.J.: Design construction, simulation and testing of a 300 W wind powered battery charger. Int. J. Eng. Sci. 3, 69–76 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Mamun, A.A., Elahi, M.F., Quamruzzaman, M., Tomal, M.U.: Design and implementation of single phase inverter. Int. J. Sci. Res. 2, 163–167 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar, S., Garg, V.K.: A hybrid model of solar-wind power generation system. Int. J. Adv. Res. Electr. 2, 4107–4116 (2013)Google Scholar