A Least-Squares Ellipse Fitting Method Based on Boundary
An ellipse fitting method based on boundary was proposed to estimate the relevant parameters of ship target in SAR image which can effectively solve the problem of the ship targets extraction and parameters estimation in SAR image. For the least-squares ellipse fitting method, all of the sample points on the boundary were involved in operation and causing deviation of the final results of ellipse fitting. For this kind of situation, a least-squares ellipse fitting method based on boundary was adopted. First extracting edge of the image and piecewise fitting ellipse. Then evaluating the ellipse and choosing suitable ellipse area for the target to be detected. The experiment shows that it is an effective method.
KeywordsEllipse fitting Least squares method SAR image
- 2.Hough, P.V.C.: Method and Means for Recognizing Complex Patterns. USA, 3069654[P], 20 June 1962Google Scholar
- 5.Halir, R., Flusser, J.: Numerically stable direct least squares fitting of ellipses. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics and Visualization, pp. 125–132. Citesser, Czech Republic (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Awrangjeb, M., Lu, G., Fraser, C.S.: A fast corner detector based on the chord-to-point distance accumulation technique. In: Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, pp. 519–525 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Hu, H., Zhu, J.: Direct least squares ellipse fitting based on arc group. J. Hangzhou Normal Univ. 10(6) (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, G., Hu, X., Zhang, L.: Application of weighted total least-square adjustment to the versine fitting of the railway curve. Comput. Eng. Appl. 50(1), 232–234 (2014)Google Scholar