Hyperspectral Image Denoising Based on Subspace Low Rank Representation
Hyperspectral images (HSIs) are often degraded by different kinds of noises. Low rank (LR)-based methods have achieved great performance in HSI denoising problem. However, the LR-based methods only consider the rank of the whole spectral space, conducting no constraints on the intrinsic structure within the LR space. In fact, the spectral vectors can be classified into different categories based on the land-covers. As a result, the spectral space can be modelled as a union of multiple LR subspaces. Regarding this structure, we introduce the framework of subspace low rank (SLR) representation into HSI denoising problem and propose a novel SLR-based denoising method for HSIs. Experiments conducted on both simulated and real data show that our method achieves great improvement over the state-of-art methods qualitatively and quantitatively.
KeywordsHyperspectral image Denoising Low rank representation Subspace low rank
This work was supported in part by the National Nature Science Foundation (No. 61171117) and the Capital Health Research and Development of Special (No. 2014-2-4025) of China.
- 7.Wang, M., Yu, J., Sun, W.: Group-based hyperspectral image denoising using low rank representation. In: IEEE Processing of the ICIP, pp. 1623–1627 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Favaro, P., Vidal, R., Ravichandran, A.: A closed form solution to robust subspace estimation and clustering. In: Processing of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision Pattern Recognition, pp. 1801–1807, June 2011Google Scholar
- 12.Cheng, B., Liu, G., Wang, J., Huang, Z., Yan, S.: Multi-task low-rank affinity pursuit for image segmentation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 2439–2446, November 2011Google Scholar
- 13.Huang, H., Christodoulou, A.G., Sun, W.: Super-resolution hyperspectral imaging with unknown blurring by low-rank and group-sparse modeling. In: Proceedings of the ICIP IEEE, pp. 2155–2159 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Lin, Z., Chen, M., Ma, Y.: The augmented lagrange multiplier method for exact recovery of corrupted low-rank matrices. arXiv preprint arXiv:1009.5055