Study on Recognition and Management of Cartographic Topology Preprocessing Mode
Targeted at the problem of inconsistent spatial data found during automated synthesis of cartography, an algorithm that could be utilized to rapidly recognize and process the spatial relationship of such incorrect spatial data was proposed in this paper. Not only was this algorithm able to remove topology errors and reduce data redundancy, but was beneficial to improve automaticity of automated synthesis of cartography. Related results indicated that satisfying requirements of production practices, which was conducive to foundation database maintenance, was provided with rather high practicability and stability.
KeywordsAutomated synthesis of cartography Topology Preprocessing Model recognition
This project is supported by the Special Scientific Research Fund of Surveying and Mapping Geographic Information Public Welfare Profession (201512020), National SciTech Support Plan (2015BAJ06B01), and Basic Scientific Research Business Expense Project of the Chinese Academy of Surveying & Mapping (7771606).
- 1.Chen, S., et al.: Introduction to Geographic Information System. Science Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, H.: Application of principle of convex hull in point cluster synthesis. Eng. Surv. Mapp. 6(1), 1–6 (1997). WuhanGoogle Scholar
- 3.Wang, P.: A topology processing method for road network generalization. GeoInf. Sci. 25(1), 65–68 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, L.: Principle, Method and Application of Geographic Information System. Science Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, J., Wu, F.: Principle and Method of Digital Automated Synthesis of Cartography. The Chinese People’s Liberation Army Publishing House, Beijing (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, J.: Topology check and data preprocessing for GIS of lands and housing. Surv. Mapp. Shanxi 10(1), 9–12 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Sun, D., Xiao, F., Liao, X., et al.: Topological structure construction algorithm for urban road network based on preprocessing. Comput. Eng. Appl. 44(23), 233–235 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Y.: Expression, recognition and synthesis of spatial graphics. The PLA Information Engineering University (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Cheng, S.: Construction and update of topological relationship in GIS. Master’s thesis of the PLA Information Engineering University (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Cheng, B.: Study and practice of automated synthesis of cartography for road network. The PLA Information Engineering University (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, H.: A Study on Basic Theory and Techniques of Map Generalization. Surveying & Mapping Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Guo, Q.: A study on new theory and techniques of automated synthesis of cartography. Doctoral dissertation of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping, Wuhan (1998)Google Scholar