A Novel Quality Detection Approach for Non-mark Printing Image
In printing business, a lot of printing products have no apparent marks for registration, which cause the difficulty of printing image quality auto-detection. Aiming to this problem, a novel quality detection approach for non-mark printing image is proposed in this paper. The proposed approach mainly consists of the region feature based registration region selection and fast shape-based image matching method and an improved difference matching method to detect the printing defects. The proposed approach is realized by the well-known machine vision software HALCON. The experiment results show that the proposed approach can detect the printing defects efficiently with high accuracy, fast speed and strong robustness.
KeywordsPrinting image Defects detection Registration region Non-mark printing image HALCON
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61302049), Science and Technology planning Project of Guangdong Province (No. 2015B020233018, No. cgzhzd1105, No. 2012B050300024), Science and Technology Planning Project of Shantou and Open Fund of Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Digital Signal and Image Processing Techniques.
- 1.Shang, H.C.: The Study on Algorithm and System Implementation of Printing Image Online Detection. Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, C.P., Fan, Y.B., Hu, Q.C.: 3 recognition methods and analysis of PCB mark point based on HALCON. J. Foshan Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 28(2), 29–33 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Carsten, S., Markus, U., Christian, W.: Machine Vision Algorithms and Applications. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.van Beusekom, J., Shafait, F., Breuel, T.M.: Image-matching for revision detection in printed historical documents. In: Hamprecht, F.A., Schnörr, C., Jähne, B. (eds.) Pattern Recognition, DAGM 2007. LNCS, vol. 4713, pp. 507–516. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Milan, S., Vaclav, H., Roger, B.: Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision, 3rd edn. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Jin, C.: Research on Printing Image Quality Detection Technology Based on HALCON. Central South University (2013)Google Scholar