Utilization of Electromagnetic Sensor for Structural Characterization of Steels During Processing and in-Service Components
An electromagnetic sensing device, MagStar, has been developed by authors, measure both magnetic hysteresis loop and magnetic Barkhausen emission. The device explains its credibility for characterizing different types steels, SA213T22 and IF steel with varying microstructural phases treated at different heat treatment conditions. MagStar is also very versatile to be applicable for both industries and educational research due to its portability and low cost.
KeywordsSteel structures Magnetic parameters Electromagnetic sensor
- 2.Kumar H., Mohapatra J.N., Roy R. K., Justin Joseyphus R., Mitra A.: Evaluation of tempering behaviour in modified 9Cr–1Mo steel by magnetic non-destructive techniques. J. Mat. Proc. Tech. 210, 669–674 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Yin W., Karimian N., Liu J., Hao X.J., Zhou L., Peyton A .J., Strangwood M., Davis C.L.: Measurement of electromagnetic properties of power station steels. NDT E Int. 51, 135–141 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Roy, R.K., Panda, A.K., Mitra, A. In: Proceeding of 6th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST 2012), Kolkata, India, 18–21 Dec 2012, pp. 226–229. IEEE XploreGoogle Scholar
- 7.Barkhausen, H.: Phys. Zeitschrift 20, 201 (1919)Google Scholar
- 8.Gateier-Rothea, C., Chicois, J., Fougeres, R., Fleisch-mann, P.: Acta Mater. 46, 4 (1998)Google Scholar