Characteristics of Solar PV Array Implemented in Matlab Software
In recent time due to diminishing fossil fuel reserves and increasing social pressure in terms of environmental pollution, complex power system has no other option except to seek for another possibility of alternative energy to eliminate the environmental pollution. Solar energy accounts for the most of the renewable energy on earth. PV module is a particular procedure to accomplish the generation of electric power from solar radiation using semiconductor devices which exhibit photovoltaic effects. The concepts of a PV module and its characteristics have been studied. The P–V and V–I curves have been obtained at changing solar irradiation levels and temperatures.
KeywordsPhotovoltaic (PV) Direct current (DC) Current over voltage (V–I) Power over voltage (P–V)
We would like to thank Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India for providing all the requisite help to carry out this work. This work gives assistance to the program of DRS, UPE II, UGC, Govt. of India (GOI).
- 4.Fezzani, A., Mahammed, I.H., Said, S.: MATLAB-based modeling of shading effects in photovoltaic arrays. In: 15th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering—STA2014, Hammamet, Tunisia, pp. 781–787 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Shukla1, A., Khare, M., Shukla, K.N.: Modeling and simulation of solar PV moduleon MATLAB/simulink, pp 18516–18527 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Ramaprabha, R., Mathur, B.L.: Impact of partial shading on solar PV module containing series connected cells. Int. J. Recent Trends Eng. 2(7), 56–60 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ji, Y.H., Kim, J.G., Park, S.H., Kim, J.H., Won, C.Y.: C-language based PV array simulation technique considering effects of partial shading. In: IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, ICIT, pp. 1–6 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Kasera, J., Chaplot, A., Maherchandani, J.K.: Modeling and simulation of wind-PV hybrid power system using MATLAB/simulink. In: IEEE Students’ Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science, pp. 1–4 (2012)Google Scholar