Conductivity, Dielectric and Impedance Property Analysis of Y1–XLaxCrO3 Nanoparticles
Perovskite-type La-doped Yttrium Chromite (Y1–XLaxCrO3) nanoparticles are prepared via sol–gel method. The formation of the compound is confirmed by X-ray diffraction (XRD) technique. Particle sizes are calculated by Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) measurements. Electrical DC conductivity is studied. DC conductivity analysis shows that all the samples have semiconducting behavior. Dc activation energy decreases when the lanthanum doping content is increased. The dielectric properties of all the samples are studied within the temperature range 298–523 K and in the frequency range 20–1 MHz. Impedance (AC) analysis suggests that the assistance of grain boundary governs over the grain.
KeywordsNanoparticles Electrical conductivity Dielectric properties Impedance analysis
Authors are very much grateful to DAE-BRNS, Government of India and the Centre of Excellence, TEQIP-II, NIT Durgapur for the help in research work.
- 2.Oryshich, I.V., Poryadchenko, N.E., Bega, N.D., Rakitakii, A.N.: Poroshk. Metall. 3–4, 36 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Prasad, A., Basu, A., Mahata, M.K.: Chalcogenide Lett. 8, 505–510 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Srivastava, K.K., Kumar, A., Panwar, O.S., Lakshminarayan, L.N.: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 33, 205 (1979)Google Scholar
- 9.Frohlieh, H.: Theory of Dielectrics. Oxford University Press, London (1958)Google Scholar
- 10.McCrum, N.G., Read, B.E., Williams, G.: An Elastic and Dielectric Effects in Polymeric Solids. Wiley, New York (1967)Google Scholar
- 12.Wagner, K.W.: Ann. Phys. (Lpz) 40, 53 (1913)Google Scholar
- 13.Hippel, V.: Dielectrics and Waves. Wiley, New York (1954)Google Scholar