Application of Phase-Shifted Fringe Projection Method with Linear Fiber Arrays Using Talbot Effect to Height Measurement of BGA
Recently, authors were proposed a small pitch fringe projection method using Talbot effect with an SLD (super luminescent diode) with inclining the appearing area of the fringe pattern. The phase of the projected fringe is shifted using a linear fiber array with four cores. In this paper, an application of these methods to height measurement of BGA (ball grid array) is performed.
The authors also would like to thank Mr. Tadashi Misaka in Yasunaga Corporation for supplying a specimen. The authors also would like to thank Mr. Takuya Sakano in University of Fukui for helping authors to evaluate measured results. This research had been supported by the Adaptable and Seamless Technology transfer Program (A-STEP), Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
- 1.Misaka, T., Murakami, M., Hikita, T. and Fujigaki, M., “Development of 100% appearance inspection sensor and applying to measurement of microscopic bumps of semiconductor component,” Proceedings of 9th International Symposium on Advanced Science and Technology in Experimental Mechanics, #074 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.Talbot, H. F., “Facts relating to optical science No. IV,” London Edimburgh Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, 9(56), 401–407 (1836).Google Scholar
- 3.Rayleigh, L., “On copying diffraction-gratings, and on some phenomena connected therewith,” Philosophical Magazine, 11(67), 196–205 (1881).Google Scholar
- 4.Rodriguez-Vera, R., Kerr, D. and Mendoza-Santoyo, F., “3-D Contouring of diffuse objects by Talbot-projected fringes,” Journal of Modern Optics, 38(10), 1935–1945 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.Oreb, B. F. and Dorsch, R. G., “Profilometry by phase-shifted Talbot images,” Applied Optics, 33(34), 7955–7962 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.Mehta, D. S., Dubey, S. K., Shakher, C., Takeda, M., “Two-wavelength Talbot effect and its application for three-dimensional step-height measurement,” Applied Optics, 45(29), 7602 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.Hayashi, T., Fujigaki, M. and Murata, Y., “Projection method of small pitch fringe pattern using Talbot effect with super luminescent diode for 3D shape measurement,” Journal of JSEM, 15(Special Issue), s81–s86 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.Hayashi, T., Murata, Y., Fujigaki, M., “3D shape measurement using incident small pitch fringe projection method with Talbot effect and phase shifting method with linear fiber arrays (in Japanese),” IEEJ Transactions on Electronics, Information and Systems, 136(8), 1063–1070 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.Fujigaki, M., Hayashi, T., Murata, Y., “Reducing noise of shape measurement with fringe projection method using vibrated reference plate,” Proceedings of 10th International Symposium on Advanced Science and Technology in Experimental Mechanics, #103 (2015).Google Scholar