Can Photons Affect the Elastic Constants in Heavily Doped Nano Wires?
Effect of strong photo excitation on the elastic constant (EC) in extremely degenerate Nano-Wires (NW) forming Gaussian band tails has been investigated by deriving a fundamental carrier statistics formula using NWs of Heavily Doped (HD) n-InSb, n-InAs, Hg1−xCdxTe and In1−xGaxAsyP1−y y lattice matched to InP as examples. We observe that ΔC44 becomes invariant of the film thickness under the condition of relatively low values of the quantum thickness, indicating a very sharp fall at a particular value of the nano thickness manifesting the quantum size effect, in EC. The EC increases with decreasing light intensity, wavelength and alloy composition where the rate of change depends on the values of the band constants respectively. The EC can be experimentally determined by using the corresponding the experimental values of the thermo electric power.
The authors are grateful to Prof. Dr. S. Chakrabarti, Director, Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata for inspiration and helpful discussion in the real sense of the term.
- 1.S Chakrabarti, M Chakraborty, KP Ghatak, Reviews in Theoretical Science, 4, 10 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.B Chatterjee, S Chakrabarti, SK Sen, M Mitra, KP Ghatak, Quantum Matter, 5, 85 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.M Mitra, M Chakraborty, S Debbarma, S Chakraborty, SK Sen, B Chatterjee, KP Ghatak, Quantum Matter, 5, 58 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.TN Sen, KP Ghatak, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16, 1229 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.S Debbarma, KP Ghatak, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16, 1095 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.B Chatterjee, S Chakrabarti, M Chakraborty, KP Ghatak, Reviews in Theoretical Science, 3, 428 (2015); SM Adhikari, KP Ghatak, Quantum Matter, 4, 599 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.S Chakrabarti, B Chatterjee, S Debbarma, KP Ghatak, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15, 6460 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.KP Ghatak, B Mitra, Physica Scripta 46 (2), 182 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.B Nag, KP Ghatak, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 58 (3), 427, (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.KP Ghatak, B Nag, physica status solidi (b) 205 (2), 519, (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.KP Ghatak, JY Siddiqui, B Nag, Physics Letters A 282 (6), 428, (2001).Google Scholar
- 12.KP Ghatak, SN Biswas, MRS Proceedings 308, 445, (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.R.W.Keyes, IBM jour. Res. Dev. 5, 266 (1961).Google Scholar
- 14.A. K. Sreedhar, S. C. Gupta, phys. Rev 5B, 1360 (1972).Google Scholar