Three Approaches to Cultivating College Students’ Sense of Social Responsibility
Cultivating college students’ sense of social responsibility is an important task of college education. This paper proposes three approaches to cultivating college students’ sense of social responsibility and establishes a corresponding theoretical framework. Based on the framework, the paper analyzes the case of Beijing Normal University and presents the effects of the three approaches. It points out that only by participating in academic and professional practices as well as public services can college students translate their conception of sense of social responsibility into actions and prepare themselves for taking social responsibility in the future.
KeywordsCollege students Sense of social responsibility Accountability Three approaches Case study
- Cui, N. X. (2010). Factors in college students’ lack of sense of social responsibility and dedicated measures. Modern Education Management, 0(5), 111–113.Google Scholar
- Guo, K., Lu, L. N., & Kuang, Z. H. (2015). Progress and trends of Chinese and foreign studies on college students’ sense of social responsibility. Chinese Journal of Education, 0(4), 161–163.Google Scholar
- Pei, T. T. (2007). Studies on cultivation of college students’ sense of social responsibility (Unpublished master’s thesis). China: Southwest University.Google Scholar
- Peng, D. G. (2003). The cultivation of college students’ sense of social responsibility. Modern University Education, 0(3), 41–44.Google Scholar
- Teaching Affairs Office of Beijing Normal University. (2015). Report on the undergraduate education in the 12th five-year plan period (2011–2015). Retrieved from http://jwcold.bnu.edu.cn/jxyj/jxcgj/122315.htm.
- Xie, S. C. (2007). Research on innovation of ideological and political education for college students. Wuhan, Hubei: Yangtze River Publishing Group.Google Scholar
- Yu, Y. J., Zhang, Q. Y., & Zhou, Y. G. (2014). A review of studies on Chinese college students’ sense of social responsibility over past two decades. Journal of Yangzhou College (Higher Education Research Edition), 18(6), 48–51.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Y. (2015). Nurturing virtues, educating people and cultivating college teachers’ sense of social responsibility. XinHua Digest, 17, 125.Google Scholar
- Zheng, R. C. (1999). Psychological consultation of college students. Jinan, Shandong: Shandong Education Press.Google Scholar
- Zhong, Y. B. (2012). Introduction to college students’ participation in public services. Guangzhou, Guangdong: Zhongshan University Press.Google Scholar