Performance Analysis of Airplane Health Surveillance System
Airplane Health Surveillance System is an information system developed to help the operators and maintenance crew to make business decision. System will detect the defect along with cause which would lead to delay and airplane crashes which has high impact on society. The system is capable of detecting and diagnosing the defects which may be initiated during a flight. Thereby triggers alert to safeguard the airplane from possible odds by analyzing the effects caused by defect detected. Based on alerts and cause, business decisions are made. Airplane health surveillance system will obtain data from simulator which is designed to emulate the data received from supplier ground system which in turn will be receiving ACARS from flying fleet in real time. This is a User-friendly application which has a very powerful impact on aerospace division by eliminating the uncertain economic loss.
KeywordsAirplane communications addressing and reporting system Flight deck effect Managed file transfer Airplane system performance monitoring Airplane health information Air-to-ground communication
My sincere gratitude to Professor and Head of Department Dr. K G Srinivasa, CSE, MSRIT for his valuable suggestions and encouragement. Special thanks to my guide Dr. Seema S, Associate Professor CSE, MSRIT for her constant guidance and suggestions.
- 1.Luiz G. A. Martins, “Architecture of a Remote Impedance-Based Structural Health Monitoring System for Airplane Applications”, J. of the Braz. Soc. of Mech. Sci. & Eng. 2012 by ABCM Special Issue 2012, Vol. XXXIV.Google Scholar
- 2.Johannes Ledolter, et al., “Data mining and business analytics with R”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 1nd edition, 2013.Google Scholar
- 3.Rabatel, J, et al., “Sensor mining for anomaly detection in railway data”, in Proceedings of the 9th Industrial Conference on Advances in Data Mining. Berlin, 2009, pp. 191–205. Springer.Google Scholar
- 4.SalehZein-Sabatto, et al., “Information & Decision Fusion Systems for Airplane Structural Health Monitoring”, IEEE 2011, pp 395–400.Google Scholar
- 5.Divakaran et al., Integrated vehicle health management of a transport aircraft landing gear system, White paper, Infosys, 2015.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Pinsonnault, et al, “Prospective for Structural Health Monitoring System Implementation on Civil Airplane”, Smart materials, structures & aerospace Conference, Nov 2011, Canada.Google Scholar
- 7.Daryl Stephenson, “The airplane Doctors”, Boeing. http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2006/august/ts_sf09.pdf.
- 8.A. Ben Zakour, et al., “Case Based Model to enhance airplane fleet management and equipment performance”, 2MoRO Solutions Bidart, France.Google Scholar
- 9.Xiaoyun Wang, “Design of integrated airplane inflight safety monitoring and early warning system”, Prognostics & System Health Management Conference, 2010, IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Jonas Peeters, “Aircraft maintenance operations: state of the art”, Hubrussel research paper, 2013. Link: https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/426843/1/13HRP09.pdf.