A Timestamp-Based Strong Designated Verifier Signature Scheme for Next-Generation Network Security Services
Strong designated verifier signature scheme (SDVS) is a unique kind of digital signature scheme that has numerous applications in the networking infrastructure of present and future generations. In recent years, Lee-Chang has put forward a strong designated verifier signature scheme and stated that their scheme is secure. In this paper we show that Lee-Chang’s scheme is not secure, and any combatant can forge their scheme unaware of the secret key of the original signer and suggest an improved scheme which solves the fraud attack problem by any adversary. We analyze our scheme and compared with the Lee-Chang’s scheme and show that our scheme is secure and meet the security feathers needed by SDVS.
KeywordsDigital signature Designated verifier signature scheme Random oracle model Forgery attacks Timestamp
- 1.Aki, S.G., “Digital signatures: A tutorial survey,” Computer, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 15, 24, Feb. 1983 doi: 10.1109/MC.1983.1654294 (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1654294&isnumber=34678).
- 2.Manik Lal Das, Ashutosh Saxena2, and Deepak B Phatak, “Algorithms and Approaches of Proxy Signature: A Survey”, International Journal of Network Security, Vol.9, No.3, PP.264284, Nov.2009 (http://ijns.jalaxy.com.tw/contents/ijns-v9-n3/ijns-2009-v9-n3-p264-284.pdf).
- 3.D. Chaum, Zero-knowledge undeniable signa- tures. In: Advances in Cryptology—Eurocrypt’90, LNCS, vol. 473, Springer-Verlag, 1990, pp. 458–464.Google Scholar
- 4.Chaum, D., Van Antwerpen, H., 1990. Undeniable signature. In: Advance in Crypto’89, LNCS, vol. 435. Springer-Verlag, pp. 212–216.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Jakobsson, K. Sako, R. Impagliazzo, Designated verifier proofs and their applications. In: Advances in Cryptology-Eurocrypt’96, LNCS, vol. 1070, Springer-Verlag, 1996, pp. 143–154.Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, Xinyi, et al. “Short designated verifier signature scheme and its identity-based variant.” (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, Fuw-Yi, and Cai-Ming Liao. “A provably secure and efficient strong designated verifier signature scheme.” International Journal of Network Security 10.3 (2010): 220–224.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Saeednia, S. Kremer, O. Markowitch O, An efficient strong designated verifier signature scheme, in: ICISC’03, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.2971 (Springer, Berlin, 2004) 40–54.Google Scholar
- 9.C.P. Schnorr, Efficient signature generation for smart cards, Journal of Cryptology 3 (3) (1991), 161–174.Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Zheng, Digital signcryption or how to achieve cost (signature & encryption) ¡¡ cost (signature) +cost (encryption), in: Advances in Cryptology -Crypto’97, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.1294 (Springer, Berlin, 1997) 165–179.Google Scholar
- 11.Ji-Seon Lee, Jik Hyun Chang, Comment on Saeednia et al.’s strong designated verifier signature scheme, Computer Standards & Interfaces (2008), doi: 10.1016/j.csi.2008.02.003.
- 12.G. Wang, F. Bao, C. Ma and K. Chen, Efficient authenticated encryption schemes with public verifiability, in The 60th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2004)—Wireless Technologies for Global Security, vol. 5 (IEEE Computer Society, 2004) 3258–3261.Google Scholar
- 13.Hyun, Suhng-Ill, Eun-Jun Yoon, and Kee-Young Yoo. “Forgery attacks on Lee-Chang’s strong designated verifier signature scheme.” Future Generation Communication and Networking Symposia, 2008. FGCNS’08. Second International Conference on. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2008.Google Scholar
- 14.Krishna A., “A New Non Linear Model Based Encryption Scheme with Time Stamp & Acknowledgement Support,” the International Journal of Network Security, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 27–32, 2012.Google Scholar