A Study of the “New Normal” Path for the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone
This paper follows three basic consensuses about the “new normal” and China’s developmental stage corresponding to it, provides a logical analysis of the historical evolution, economic transformation and institutional changes of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, and discusses the developmental characteristics of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone under the “new normal” to put forward suggestions for the choice of a path—pursuing a two-stage, three-level coordinated development, keeping a reasonable range of gap between the secondary and tertiary industries, and fostering the common development of multiple market players.
KeywordsNew normal Shenzhen special economic zone Developmental characteristics Choice of path
- 1.An Yuhong, Economic New Normal, Macroeconomic Management, 2014(6).Google Scholar
- 2.“New” and “Normal” in Xi Jinping’s Exposition about “New Normal”, www.chinanews.com, August 10, 2014.
- 3.Xi Jinping Systematically Expounded the “New Normal” for the First Time, Xinhuanet, November 9, 2014.Google Scholar
- 4.Li Yang, A New Stage in China’s Economic Development, Finance &Trade Economics, 2013 (11).Google Scholar
- 5.Shenzhen Bureau of Statistics, Shenzhen Statistical Communiqué on National Economic and Social Development in 2013, April 8, 2014, http://www.sztj.gov.cn/xxgk/tjsj/tjgb/.
- 6.World Bank, the World Development Data Manual 2013, Chinese Financial & Economic Publishing House, 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.Qiang Guo, Shenzhen, Who Abandoned You, Zhujiang Economy, 2002 (12).Google Scholar