Research and Implementation of FM-DCSK Chaotic Communication System Based on GNU Radio Platform
FM-DCSK is a non-coherent modulation and demodulation technique, the output of which has the inherent wide-frequency performance will cause the estimation interference and the bit error rate decline. This paper designs and implements Frequency-modulated Differential Chaotic Shift Keying (FM-DCSK)Communication system based on GNU Radio platform. In order to get FM-DCSK signal, it needs to combine the FM modulation with the DCSK system. The bit energy of signals remained stable by using FM modulation so that the BER performance in such system can be improved. Since the system is based on software defined radio (SDR) to perform in a real-time wireless transmission, the bitrate, bandwidth and central frequency can be modified at ease. The experimental performance are discussed and compared to the theoretical performance.
KeywordsFrequency-modulated differential chaotic shift keying Chaos Random-like property Soft defined radio
- 1.Hikmat N. Abdullah, Alejandro A. Valenzuela · Performance Evaluation of FM-COOK Chaotic Communication System Journal of Signal and Information Processing 01/2011; 2(03):175–177. DOI: 10.4236/jsip.2011.23023.
- 2.G. Kaddoum and F. Gagonen, “Error Correction Codes for Secure Chaos-Based Communication System,” 25th Bi-ennial Symposium on Communication, Kingston, 12–14 May 2010, pp. 193–196.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Kaddoum, P. Charg´e, and D. Roviras, “A generalized methodology for bit-error-rate prediction in correlation-based communication schemes using chaos,” Comm. Letters., vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 567–569, 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Sushchik, L. S. Tsimring, and A. R. Volkovskii, “Performance analysis of correlation-based communication schemes utilizing chaos,”IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems, vol. 47, pp. 1684–1691, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Xia, C. K. Tse, and F. C. M. Lau, “Performance of differential chaosshift-keying digital communication systems over a multipath fading channel with delay spread,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Express Briefs, vol. 51, pp. 680–684, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Zhang, X. Shen and Y. Ding “Design and Performance Analysis of an FM-QCSK Chaotic Communication System,” 2nd International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, wuhan, 22–24 september 2006, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 7.F. C. M. Lau and C. K. Tse, Z Chaos-Based Digital Communication Systems. Springer-Verlag, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.X. Li, X. Lin, and D. Guo, “The experimental blind timing acquisition scheme for fm-dcsk communication system,” in Anti-Counterfeiting Security and Identification in Communication (ASID), 2010 International Conference on, July 2010, pp. 120–125.Google Scholar
- 9.“GNU Radio.” [Online]. Available: http://gnuradio.org/.
- 10.M. A. B. Faran, A. Kachouri and M. Samet, “Design of Secure Digital Communication Systems Using DCSK Chaotic Modulation,” DTIS 2006 International Confer-ence on Design and Test of Integrated Systems in Nano-scale Technology, Tunis, 5–7 September 2006, pp. 200–204.Google Scholar